• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnson demands Britain 'Build, build, build' to beat COVID-19 slump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson demands Britain 'Build, build, build' to beat COVID-19 slump

Interesting report from Reuters:

Johnson demands Britain 'Build, build, build' to beat COVID-19 slump - Reuters

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    Is this before or after taking it on the chin / sending the virus packing?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Is this before or after taking it on the chin / sending the virus packing?

It's after taking millions in donations from the construction industry.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It was quite an interesting speech. A lot of big promises. A LOT of spending.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          But not many new promises that I could see(?) It's the usual pattern of announcing something once, then re-announcing it N more times.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            But not many new promises that I could see(?) It's the usual pattern of announcing something once, then re-announcing it N more times.
            But announcing to do it MUCH faster is quite significant considering their manifesto set things out for far longer timescale than a government term, this means they actually have to do it not promise it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No promises. He called them pledges as in; when there is a natural disaster when governments pledge money and then they forget about it.

After the speech the pound slumped to a new low.
              Last edited by Paddy; 30 June 2020, 15:14.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

But announcing to do it MUCH faster is quite significant considering their manifesto set things out for far longer timescale than a government term, this means they actually have to do it not promise it.
                What was the accelerated timescale? The house building stuff does some sleight of hand w/ 5 years funding and 8 years delivery, but I think that is the same timetable and money they announced before. What else? I admit that I wasn't listening closely...

Comment

The Tory supporters love those three-word soundbites. "I got every word in that sentence"

Build build build - "I've been building at home!" He gets my vote.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You are cute.

Comment

Working...
                    X