• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christ he's black!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    easier-who cares about the colour of a sky fairie?
    That was his dad.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      That was his dad.
      I bet he's gonna start sweating if the do find Jesus's remains and do a DNA test.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I bet he's gonna start sweating if the do find Jesus's remains and do a DNA test.....
        God's DNA.... not sure how we break this one to you pal.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          God's DNA.... not sure how we break this one to you pal.
          That's if you believe in the imaculate conception.. DNA evidence might show someone has been a very naughty girl.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That's if you believe in the imaculate conception.. DNA evidence might show someone has been a very naughty girl.
            'the mother of Jesus' is described as having been 'turned out by the carpenter who was betrothed to her, as she had been convicted of adultery and had a child by a certain soldier named Panthera*'

(Origen, Contra Celsum)

Panthera was a common name among soldiers.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              'the mother of Jesus' is described as having been 'turned out by the carpenter who was betrothed to her, as she had been convicted of adultery and had a child by a certain soldier named Panthera'
              Celsum asserted that. Origen refuted it. Celsum wrote in the 2nd Century, so his word doesn't particulary carry more weight than other witnesses from that time. But people believe what they like and use the "reliable" sources they prefer. Personally, if I find Crossan supports it, it's probably not true. YMMV.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                'the mother of Jesus' is described as having been 'turned out by the carpenter who was betrothed to her, as she had been convicted of adultery and had a child by a certain soldier named Panthera*'

(Origen, Contra Celsum)

Panthera was a common name among soldiers.
                Was the carpenter called Lion-O?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Celsum asserted that. Origen refuted it. Celsum wrote in the 2nd Century, so his word doesn't particulary carry more weight than other witnesses from that time. But people believe what they like and use the "reliable" sources they prefer. Personally, if I find Crossan supports it, it's probably not true. YMMV.
                  Rebutted is the word you are looking for, not refuted.

But it seems an unlikely story to me, with no obvious basis. More likely than God being the father of course, which is a ridiculous narrative. Less likely than the father being Joseph the carpenter.

Comment

Others allege that it's just one woman's lie that got waaay out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Rebutted is the word you are looking for, not refuted.

But it seems an unlikely story to me, with no obvious basis. More likely than God being the father of course, which is a ridiculous narrative. Less likely than the father being Joseph the carpenter.
                      Actually the ancients had little problem with Gods impregnating young virgins, the biggest problem was how Mary remained a perpetual virgin, this was one of the objections of Volsanius writing to St Augustine in the early 5th Century. Also another twist in the orthodox nicene creed, Jesus is God so he was his own 'father'.
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X