• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM stress fractures appearing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Or the US does have an issue with race that we do not fully understand or have here in the UK and we've just followed on blindly without fully understanding why.

I've spent many hours listening to and chatting to the yanks at poker tables and some of their attitudes of day to day stuff is pretty amazing, guns being a most obvious one and open racism being another. Things we just cannot get to grips with over here.
    Their second amendment is all about gun rights.

Interesting that certain commentators bang on about banning assault rifles, yet the vast majority of firearms murders are carried out with handguns. It's like focusing on the few cops that have murdered black people rather than the >95% of murders of black people being by black people. It's almost as if the Democrats want to maintain the status quo of black-on-black handgun murders....
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Interesting that certain commentators bang on about banning assault rifles, yet the vast majority of firearms murders are carried out with handguns. It's like focusing on the few cops that have murdered black people rather than the >95% of murders of black people being by black people. It's almost as if the Democrats want to maintain the status quo of black-on-black handgun murders....
      It is and they are very passionate about it. That's why it makes me laugh when people from the UK attempt to cast their opinion on gun laws over there. We just cannot begin to comprehend it.

Crazy place the US. To the average holiday maker it's just like the UK but underneath some of the cultures are as different to us as the middle east or others examples like that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Or the US does have an issue with race that we do not fully understand or have here in the UK and we've just followed on blindly without fully understanding why.

I've spent many hours listening to and chatting to the yanks at poker tables and some of their attitudes of day to day stuff is pretty amazing, guns being a most obvious one and open racism being another. Things we just cannot get to grips with over here.
        An amusing anecdote from WW2 Lancashire.

During the Second World War, Bamber Bridge hosted American servicemen from the 1511th Quartermaster Truck regiment, part of the Eighth Air Force. Their base, Air Force Station 569 (nicknamed "Adam Hall"), was situated on Mounsey Road, part of which still exists now as home to 2376 (Bamber Bridge) Squadron of the Air Training Corps (or Air Cadets). The 1511th Quartermaster Truck was a logistics unit, and its duty was to deliver materiel to other Eighth Air Forces bases in Lancashire.[2] The 234th US Military Police Company were also located in the town, on its north side.[1]

US Armed Forces were still racially segregated, and the soldiers of 1511 Quartermaster Truck were almost entirely black, while all but one of the officers were white, as were the MPs. Military commanders tended to treat these service units as "dumping grounds" for less competent officers, and leadership in the unit was poor.[3] Racial tensions were exacerbated by the riots in Detroit earlier that week which had led to 34 deaths, including 25 black casualties.[4] The people of Bamber Bridge supported the black troops, and when American commanders demanded a colour bar in the town, all three pubs in the town reportedly posted "Black Troops Only" signs.
        Top trolling.

Battle of Bamber Bridge - Wikipedia

Comment

Blimey. Exchanged gunfire!?! Interesting read that.

Comment

It is and they are very passionate about it. That's why it makes me laugh when people from the UK attempt to cast their opinion on gun laws over there. We just cannot begin to comprehend it.
            Indeed. From otherwise intelligent, educated American friends I've heard
            • We must have guns so we can defend ourselves against the government.
            • Obamacare means the government gets to decide who lives and who dies. Far better that the insurance companies be able to make this choice - then it's just market forces.

Bat-poo crazy.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              • Obamacare means the government gets to decide who lives and who dies. Far better that the insurance companies be able to make this choice - then it's just market forces.

Bat-poo crazy.
              To us with our very-odd-to-them NHS and no 2nd amendment, yes.
              It's a nation built on hypocrisy and war. Don't forget that during WW2 they were persecuting African Americans while fighting someone persecuting Jews.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                It's not about "guns" per se; it's about liberty/freedom and right to defend oneself against oppression i.e. British overlords or a domestic gov that limits freedom. It made a lot of sense at the time, and the fundamental concept is compelling to this day.

Europeans (Brits included) have a strong tendency toward big governments wiping their arses, so scoff at US gun laws.

I think the 2nd amendment has had its day (lots of contradictory wire tapping laws in the US now), but I believe the idea behind it is fundamentally good.

Comment

Idiotic thing is not even guns, but moronic claims that being made wear a mask during pandemic is somehow violates Constitutional rights.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Bat-poo crazy.
                    Yep, great examples and there are plenty more. And they are absolutely serious about stuff like this. It's not just for loon's and lefties/righties.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      It's not about "guns" per se; it's about liberty/freedom and right to defend oneself against oppression i.e. British overlords or a domestic gov that limits freedom. It made a lot of sense at the time, and the fundamental concept is compelling to this day.

Europeans (Brits included) have a strong tendency toward big governments wiping their arses, so scoff at US gun laws.

I think the 2nd amendment has had its day (lots of contradictory wire tapping laws in the US now), but I believe the idea behind it is fundamentally good.
                      "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I don't scoff at that; it simply needs a lot more to back it up, which it has. The greater problem is the US firearms industry is worth over $50billion and provides over 300,000 jobs. Therefore there is great interest in keeping it going beyond the basic firearms industry that we have for hunting, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X