• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BLM stress fractures appearing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLM stress fractures appearing

Starmer disapproves:

BLM being shown up as too far left, doing the anti-racism cause no good.

Sky Sports should instead get behind the Kick It Out campaign and bring that front and centre, ignoring BLM now it's gone too political.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Tories already defunded the police, bigly

Comment

To be fair even as a tory I can see BLM is not the same as the Labour party under Starmer (Corbyn might have approved).

BLM have a few ideals I do agree with but I also think the trains should run on time and we should build infrastructure.

Mostly the organisation is a scary mix of Marxism & Racism.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        BLM being shown up as too far left, doing the anti-racism cause no good.

Sky Sports should instead get behind the Kick It Out campaign and bring that front and centre, ignoring BLM now it's gone too political.
        The wheels are fast falling off the whole thing. Many of the people it was supposed to help are turning on it and distancing themselves. A vast majority of people outside the US don't really know what it stands for so as their mob mentality continues is going to turn people against them and at some point further damaging the whole name and cause. Unless it does something pretty quick people are going to leave it and what will left will be another fringe group pushing anarchism like the extinction lot. IMO it's going to end up being a massive problem not a solution.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

BLM UK is an avowedly anti-capitalist organisation. BLM US is not. In the US, the defunding does mean spending less on the police and more on community support services, so the police don't have to, e.g. deal with raving nutters on a regularly basis. The idea is that far too much is required of US cops, and this is one of the causes of police being less than ideal at times.

US and UK police systems are quite different, but BLM UK are too ideologically entrapped to be able to comprehend this.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Quite telling was Patrice Evra and Jamie Redknapp ditching their BLM badges on Sky last night.

I think reverting to wearing Kick It Out badges (football's long-standing anti-racism program for those that weren't aware) would be a better message. It should not be about political changes but mindset changes. Not only that, but people are so consumed with the word equality. It's not about treating people equally, it's about treating them fairly.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              BLM UK is an avowedly anti-capitalist organisation. BLM US is not. In the US, the defunding does mean spending less on the police and more on community support services, so the police don't have to, e.g. deal with raving nutters on a regularly basis. The idea is that far too much is required of US cops, and this is one of the causes of police being less than ideal at times.

US and UK police systems are quite different, but BLM UK are too ideologically entrapped to be able to comprehend this.

Not sure which UK police officers or mental health service professionals etc. you have been talking to but my friends and family all tell me from their experience or via respectable journalism that

1.The Police spend much of their time dealing with people with serious mental health issues. This is mainly because the Mental health services have been Defunded.
              2.Dealing with repeat offenders not rehabilitated by the justice service.
              3.The recruiting offices for County lines or similar are children's homes and young offenders institutes. Also a great hunting ground for victims of sexual abuse etc.
              4. The Police are trying to solve social issues such as housing etc. because there are two few decent social workers. This is the only way they can fix certain low level crimes.

The UK police are most definitely overstretched.

Now if the rest of the services hadn't been defunded maybe the Police would have time & resources to do their job? so let us break down & rebuild the Police because it is obvious that its their fault.

Don't get me wrong we need to make sure stop and search results in the prosecution of the most crimes regardless of the race stopped. We also need to prove & defend performance.

We need to make sure the justice system prosecutes fairly regardless of race. We also need to prove it & defend performance.

We need make sure the UK police don't become like the US ones who seem to have no fear of prosecution if they are negligent or overtly racist. We seem to have fixed that as we have an independent oversight.

I suspect the US BLM are just better at hiding their political aims.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Quite telling was Patrice Evra and Jamie Redknapp ditching their BLM badges on Sky last night.

I think reverting to wearing Kick It Out badges (football's long-standing anti-racism program for those that weren't aware) would be a better message. It should not be about political changes but mindset changes. Not only that, but people are so consumed with the word equality. It's not about treating people equally, it's about treating them fairly.
                I think 'Kick It Out' is quite a good organisation although there is one problem, it is funded by the FA, the PFA, the Premier League and the EFL so it has to rely on them. In order for it to be really effective, then it's proposals need to be actually undertaken by these organisations and quite often they aren't. If these 4 really want racism to be stopped in the football leagues then they need to sanction clubs in a more severe way than just a paltry fine or playing a game behind closed doors. Imagine if points were deducted? There would be a backlash against the racist fans from the real fans which would, hopefully, eradicate this from stadiums. However, these 4 organisations are much better than the corrupt and woefully incompetent FIFA and UEFA...

The one thing that BLM has probably done, is given Kick It Out more power...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I think 'Kick It Out' is quite a good organisation although there is one problem, it is funded by the FA, the PFA, the Premier League and the EFL so it has to rely on them. In order for it to be really effective, then it's proposals need to be actually undertaken by these organisations and quite often they aren't. If these 4 really want racism to be stopped in the football leagues then they need to sanction clubs in a more severe way than just a paltry fine or playing a game behind closed doors. Imagine if points were deducted? There would be a backlash against the racist fans from the real fans which would, hopefully, eradicate this from stadiums. However, these 4 organisations are much better than the corrupt and woefully incompetent FIFA and UEFA...

The one thing that BLM has probably done, is given Kick It Out more power...
                  Probably and now BLM is getting more and more infected with politics, football needs to distance itself from it.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I suspect the US BLM are just better at hiding their political aims.
                    Or the US does have an issue with race that we do not fully understand or have here in the UK and we've just followed on blindly without fully understanding why.

I've spent many hours listening to and chatting to the yanks at poker tables and some of their attitudes of day to day stuff is pretty amazing, guns being a most obvious one and open racism being another. Things we just cannot get to grips with over here.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X