• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices ready to shoot up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    But do not under-estimate desperate people.
    Who is going to be desperate? China is playing long game - activists will be put in jail or let run away, majority won't be touched and ultimately will be boiled slowly over next 20 years until they accept that they got sold out.

Also note - they are not getting British passports, only a "path" - they'll have to spend 5 years in the UK, pay all sort of crazy fees, then 1 more year to qualify for citizenship, which I guarantee you only handful will get even if 3 mln will decide to move in tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      You want them to flee one oppressive regime for another? That's not very nice...
      I would argue quite the opposite, EU is the most open so far, fighting for free movement, free healthcare. Not so prosperous, but depends how you look at it.
      What has been proven though is that US capitalist system, and partially UK ideology has cracks that won't survive the new post pandemic world.
      They'll print money and continue to keep the status quo but it is inevitable that things will change radically. Unless we have a major event, like a war that would shift what people think.
      It's quite obvious to be honest.
      Will see what the elites decide... I guess. I'd be on guard.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Who is going to be desperate? China is playing long game - activists will be put in jail or let run away, majority won't be touched and ultimately will be boiled slowly over next 20 years until they accept that they got sold out.

Also note - they are not getting British passports, only a "path" - they'll have to spend 5 years in the UK, pay all sort of crazy fees, then 1 more year to qualify for citizenship, which I guarantee you only handful will get even if 3 mln will decide to move in tomorrow.
      Does it matter what they actually get? If they feel they might get a fresh start and something exciting ...
      Are people coming on tier 1 visa treated any different? But still flocking for 40k/y with extortionate feels and plenty of hoops.
      It's a very good chance that they are part of "the plan" and not just a diversion. That's what I am saying.
      Last edited by GigiBronz; 1 July 2020, 23:17.

Comment

What plan?

Comment

What plan?
          Oh... there is definitely a plan. We are too far into civilisation for things to just happen randomly.
          It might be that it's so elaborate and so against the "common judgement" that people struggle to figure it out.
          And that is what makes it so good. But there is definitely a plan there.

Comment

“ China may block Hongkongers from moving to UK, admits Dominic Raab

Foreign secretary says Britain can do little to ‘coercively force’ China to let citizens leave”

China may block Hongkongers from moving to UK, admits Dominic Raab | World news | The Guardian

So folded already, did not take long

Comment

“ China may block Hongkongers from moving to UK, admits Dominic Raab

Foreign secretary says Britain can do little to ‘coercively force’ China to let citizens leave”

China may block Hongkongers from moving to UK, admits Dominic Raab | World news | The Guardian

So folded already, did not take long
              This is why it was easy for BoJo/Cummings to suggest this policy. We will let them in ... come along people ... problem is China won't let them leave the island (and if they do manage to escape they will have all their assets stripped).

Some well connected people will make the move, maybe a few thousand, but the majority will not have the opportunity.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                This is why it was easy for BoJo/Cummings to suggest this policy. We will let them in ... come along people ... problem is China won't let them leave the island (and if they do manage to escape they will have all their assets stripped).

Some well connected people will make the move, maybe a few thousand, but the majority will not have the opportunity.
                This is when Bitcoin goes to the moon.

In Nazi Germany Jews had their assets plundered from them as they left the country before the conflict, gold taken, anything of value.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

In Nazi Germany Jews had their assets plundered from them as they left the country before the conflict, gold taken, anything of value.
                  You're like a broken record mate. Give it up. We all know you're desperate for bitcoin to go mainstream - you've literally bet your life savings on it - but you're not going to convince many people on here to join your ponzi scheme.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    So why are you shorting it then?

Comment

So why are you shorting it then?

All markets take 2 steps forward, 1 back. And we're in the latter at this moment in time. You don't have a problem with skimping now do yah?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X