• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A&E doctors plead with England’s pub-goers not to get ‘plastered’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I've been going to pubs, biergartens, cafes and restaurants for around 3 weeks now and all is okay.
    Same here in the south. Biergartens opened and usually full but obviously with considerably distance between tables than would otherwise be.

Not actually sat in a restaurant yet, and we really want to eat out. The think that's putting the family off from doing anything in the world is not the virus itself but the aftereffects. Too many story of people suffering for months following recovery with potential life scaring of tissue.

So on one hand you've got folks succumbing to the disease and on the other folks not really recovering. A guy in Fife I know, healthy fit runs the occasional marathon for fun.. has recovered from the illness but now struggles to get out of bed in the morning nearly 3 months later.

This illness will not come and go like the wind and that fear is enough to keep the family at home, which if I'm honest is not a bad place to be.

Took a walk down to the lake yesterday..
    Last edited by scooterscot; 3 July 2020, 10:01.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Over the last few years I've been more drinking while doing something, e.g. playing snooker / pool / bowls.

It's been a long time since I've gone to the pub for the sole purpose of drinking so I don't see any reason to go now, especially when I can get better value for money at home without the risk of catching something. I'm genuinely not missing the pub as much as I expected to.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

As much as I'm looking forward to pubs and restaurants, I'm staying the hell away for a few weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          It's been a long time since I've gone to the pub for the sole purpose of drinking so I don't see any reason to go now, especially when I can get better value for money at home without the risk of catching something. I'm genuinely not missing the pub as much as I expected to.
          And the missus doesn't have to be pissed as a fart to find you attractive either. Double bargain.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            And the missus doesn't have to be pissed as a fart to find you attractive either. Double bargain.
            She went to buy £20 worth of make up last week. I told her to put it back; I picked up a £5 bottle of wine and told her she'd look just as pretty.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

She went to buy £20 worth of make up last week. I told her to put it back; I picked up a £5 bottle of wine and told her she'd look just as pretty.
              Have you removed it from your bum yet?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Those Germans, kinky lot!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You are quite the oddball.

Comment

You are quite the oddball.

Poor Frau Barmy she puts up with a lot!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The pubs worth going to won't be awash with drongoes anyway. Ours is waiting a while to re-open anyway.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X