• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wealth tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealth tax

“ A UK wealth tax is more likely than ever because of the reordering of politics caused by the coronavirus pandemic, a former head of the civil service has said.

Lord O’Donnell was speaking at an event on Thursday hosted by the Institute for Fiscal Studies to launch research on a wealth tax, which could be levied on assets such as property, pensions, securities or works of art.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Robbing existing pension pots will be particularly attractive - but don’t worry, it will affect the wealthy

The wealthiest won't be affected barring the extra costs of their accountants and lawyers shuffling things around for them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Me house is me pension

This won’t even break Tory manifesto “promises”

Looks like CGT will go up too, they yanked ER for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Me house is me pension

This won’t even break Tory manifesto “promises”

Looks like CGT will go up too, they yanked ER for a reason
        When are you leaving the UK?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          When are you leaving the UK?
          When I decide to do so

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            When I decide to do so
            I think the answer is when you can

Comment

They can all fook off. I did't claim a penny over this pandemic from anyone. Didnt need to. Loads of idiots paid £100 each for Dettol, Hand Sanitiser, Gloves and Jigsaw puzzles.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It is just a matter of time when they start creating labour camps for entrepreneurs.

Poor people will need bread and circuses and they will get it as long as they vote conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                  It is just a matter of time when they start creating labour camps for entrepreneurs.

Poor people will need bread and circuses and they will get it as long as they vote conservatives.
                  Joking aside... it does feel that way.

The Tories have now become the pied piper who are now trouncing the moderately well off working and middle classes. You can guarantee though that those with real wealth will be given plenty of chance to spirit their money away and will undoubtedly have been given fair warning of what's incoming.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                    The Tories have now become the pied piper who are now trouncing the moderately well off working and middle classes. You can guarantee though that those with real wealth will be given plenty of chance to spirit their money away and will undoubtedly have been given fair warning of what's incoming.
                    "Anneliese Dodds, the shadow chancellor, cautioned against increased taxes for those on a low or middle-income and suggested those with “the broader shoulders” should be asked to make more of a contribution."

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Can you fecking believe it - Labour is defending middle classes from Tories

Comment

Working...
                    X