• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you blacklisted?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you blacklisted?

Not any longer according to twatter. So is Lewis's new black paint job a racist statement? Is it cos it's black? Perhaps the BBC needs to go back through old Dr Who episodes and clean up the master thing

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Not any longer according to twatter. So is Lewis's new black paint job a racist statement? Is it cos it's black? Perhaps the BBC needs to go back through old Dr Who episodes and clean up the master thing
    If this triggers you, don't engage with Twitter
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Do try to keep up:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-post-git.html

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eferences.html

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        If this triggers you, don't engage with Twitter
        Never used Twitter and it doesn't trigger me. just amused by the stupid lengths these businesses are going to to prove they're woke

Comment

Never used Twitter and it doesn't trigger me. just amused by the stupid lengths these businesses are going to to prove they're woke
          So you are triggered then?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            So you are triggered then?
            Indeed. Taken the time to read it, feel strong enough to post it on here and respond looks like being triggered to me.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

To be fair I don't really have a problem with this. As tech changes new names and references come in all the time. We've gone from servers to resources/CI's etc and many other examples so don't see why a couple of other word changes will harm anyone. Yeah I think it's a bit daft as I'm sure absolutely no one sees them as a reference to racism but hey, if it's as simple as a new, and possibly better word, then go for it.

That said part of my work is the Barracudas so it's going to take me quite a while to get out of the habit of using the term blacklist but then I'm old so probably use far too many out of date words for this one to matter.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  more like

with this lot
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It looks like some people are triggered by others being triggered.

Comment

Working...
                    X