• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Lewis outsources to Wipro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Lewis outsources to Wipro

I missed this earlier in the week:

Never knowingly under-digitally transformed: Retailer John Lewis outsources tech function to Wipro • The Register

244 members of staff TUPE'd over.

Considering it's the tech side of the business that has kept the company afloat during lockdown, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth. Granted, the process would have started months ago but that doesn't make it any more palatable.

I wonder how many of those 244 will still be on the account in 6 months......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does not bodes well for the staff...

Layoffs at Wipro kick in as part of restructuring - The New Indian Express

The software services exporter has laid off nine employees in Bangladesh where the company manages the complete IT landscape of Telenor Group-owned firm Grameenphone. A regional news portal Bangladesh Times reported that atleast 10 employees were asked to resign and when they refused, Wipro had fired them, which is a clear violation of the terms of the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        some of them could still be in an "exciting new challenge" working the register

Comment

Look forward to JLs website crashing and leaking my login details.

Comment

Lol give it a year and they will bring it in house. Wipro are trash
            . Countless times I have had clients ask me to sort out the mess wipro makes. Wipro is good business for me.

Comment

Having recently done a project with JL group IT, going to Wipro is probably an improvement

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Having recently done a project with JL group IT, going to Wipro is probably an improvement
                Were you loading trucks?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  488 according to the invoicing?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where I work, it's all gone to InfoSys. Easier to hire, one email and a developer or tester arrives onsite within a week from India, no tax hassles (they are not tax resident here and all earnings are paid in India), no HR involvement (which adds mountains of paperwork and about 3 months delay).

Why use UK people?

Comment

Working...
                    X