• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Am still bearish in the short-term.

Yes, if I sold my short contract now I'd be doing so at a loss. But I standby my convictions, we're entering a downtrend brought about by everything that is happening in the world at the minute.

Am I going to double down? No.
    But I thought all your investments were based on technical analysis. You're constantly arguing that the markets dropped due to technical reasons and not covid/world lockdown and yet you're saying bitcoin is.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

They are. TA helps me understand the narrative behind the trends, if any.

Show me the charts and I'll tell you the news.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

They are. TA helps me understand the narrative behind the trends, if any.

Show me the charts and I'll tell you the news.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          I was dead set against bitcoin, now I am a bit more comfortable with it.
          Still believe that if the current financial system sets it's mind to it could crash bitcoin in a few days.

But, a de-centralised currency and way of people becoming more independent in this house of cards could be all we need.
          But a civil war might be needed or deeply unjust facts made public to shift opinion. We'll see what the future gives.
          Bitcoin doesn't really exist as a currency. It's way too volatile. People will still occasionally spend it for a couple reasons: Because they are already holding it and it is easier to purchase goods directly in btc rather than selling them and then paying in fiat or when they are trying to hide a transaction for whatever reason (whether or not it actually accomplishes that).

It needs more stability, otherwise it'll only ever be traded for fiat and never for goods/services. How do you add stability will keep the goods things about bitcoin? I don't think you can.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
            Bitcoin doesn't really exist as a currency. It's way too volatile. People will still occasionally spend it for a couple reasons: Because they are already holding it and it is easier to purchase goods directly in btc rather than selling them and then paying in fiat or when they are trying to hide a transaction for whatever reason (whether or not it actually accomplishes that).

It needs more stability, otherwise it'll only ever be traded for fiat and never for goods/services. How do you add stability will keep the goods things about bitcoin? I don't think you can.

Stability comes in time like any other currency when adoption comes. Until then its

If you believe adoption will never come, don't stack. If you do (me), stack stack stack.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just like Michael Burry in the Big Short... I've bought a product that pays out if the market capitulates. Of course, I need to pay everyday as intra-day movements nibble into my position.

However this is something I've studied a lot, it will pay.
              The main thing in Big Short was the one you failed to learn - when you guess it right the banks will try to feck you up, and your position isn’t even managed by somebody big enough like Goldman.

btw - reports are that there is renewed demand for GPUs for tulipmining, you know what that means...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                But I thought all your investments were based on technical analysis. You're constantly arguing that the markets dropped due to technical reasons and not covid/world lockdown and yet you're saying bitcoin is.
                Technically all Poopers “investment” decisions are based on bulltulip

HTH

Comment

Just like Michael Burry in the Big Short... I've bought a product that pays out if the market capitulates. Of course, I need to pay everyday as intra-day movements nibble into my position.

However this is something I've studied a lot, it will pay.
                  Please post daily how much it costs you

Comment

bitcoin up 0.3%
                    scooty is loss today -0.9% of $200k = $1800

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Please post daily how much it costs you
                      It doesn't cost him anything as he never sells at a loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X