• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's where you deposit a lot of money in an unregulated broker based in Panama, St. Vincent and Grenadines or some other such tulip place, and when you try to withdraw your money, they Swipe it, leaving you 3X short on the rent that month for the bedsit.

HTH BIDI

Just like HSBC then..
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      anyone who makes money by triple shorting a rising stock is a hero in my book
      Must confess, I have little knowledge on triple shorting and the other fancy gambling tactics. I'm a simple lad ... stock markets looks high I turn my ISA to cash and pick a fixed rate for a year or 2. Stock market looks low, I buy tracker funds with my cash. Very simple. Don't need graphs. Don't try to guess the top or the bottom. Be willing to hold any assets for as long as I need as it's not money I need this decade.

It has a certain amount of risk, but in the long run fairly small.
      Last edited by Whorty; 28 July 2020, 14:06.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Just like HSBC then..
        Not since HSBC is regulated and got material presence in the UK - so trivial to get money via small claims court

Comment

He knows the future, that makes him "special"
          Pooper bends the future to his iron wall (padded with old mattresses)

Comment

Am still bearish in the short-term.

Yes, if I sold my short contract now I'd be doing so at a loss. But I standby my convictions, we're entering a downtrend brought about by everything that is happening in the world at the minute.

Am I going to double down? No.
            Young investors are flooding into bitcoin in the pandemic, while the older generation can't get enough of gold, a team of JPMorgan analysts said | Currency News | Financial and Business News | Markets Insider

Over 90% of Ethereum holders are in profit as prices surge - Decrypt

Comment

Just like HSBC then..
              How do you function in life?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                How do you function in life?
                Like a dysfunctional cretin with a massive opinion of himself.

Or was you asking about Pooper?

Comment

Like a dysfunctional cretin with a massive opinion of himself.

Or was you asking about Pooper?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                  X