• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Pandemic Pub/Bar/Restaurant Experience thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You know those kinky Germans!
    Unlike those perverted British people....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Unlike those perverted British people....
      You know it!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        You know it!
        I learnt all about it from reading your posts on here and here: https://www.psychforums.com/paraphilias/
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          All good with me - a very civilised visit to my local Toby Carvery. Very well run, felt safe, nice and quiet.

However one of local pubs has £2.50 a pint and two huge tents in their tiny car park - it’s like a freshers week bar...

Thankfully the weather was not very hot or it could have been an absolute disaster.

Will be interesting to see how large groups like Soho and Notts will he handled.

Personally I think pubs for drinking only should be closed and only restaurants where the focus is on the meal should be open.
          I love a Toby Carvery.

Do you take your own oversized plate so you can load right up ?

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
            I love a Toby Carvery.

Do you take your own oversized plate so you can load right up ?
            No self service at carverys at the moment.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              A local ( criminal family owned ) pub looked like it was having a lock in yesterday. A regular was outside smoking and waited till I ran past to go back in. Pubs have got another 2 weeks to go here.

I was sooo tempted to phone it in.
              Doesn't sound much like a criminal family owned pub if people still have to smoke outside. Surely the whole point of being criminal is flouting the law?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Doesn't sound much like a criminal family owned pub if people still have to smoke outside. Surely the whole point of being criminal is flouting the law?
                It's the lookouts...

Comment

“ Footfall remains at around half the level of last year, and in London footfall is still 75% lower than in 2019”

Evening footfall on England's high streets soars as pubs reopen | Business | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    No self service at carverys at the moment.
                    That's kind of their business model though

What do they do - carve at your table?

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                      That's kind of their business model though

What do they do - carve at your table?
                      I think they plate up and deliver, like wot normal restaurants do.

Comment

Working...
                      X