• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brain amoeba (ladymuck warning applies)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain amoeba (ladymuck warning applies)

“ A case of a rare brain-eating amoeba has been confirmed in Florida, according to health officials in the US state.

The Florida Department of Health (DOH) said one person in Hillsborough County had contracted Naegleria fowleri.

The microscopic, single-celled amoeba can cause an infection of the brain, and is usually fatal.

Commonly found in warm freshwater, the amoeba enters the body through the nose.”

Brain-eating amoeba: Warning issued in Florida after rare infection case - BBC News

I do like the thought that a single-celled organism could wipe out humankind.

Comment

Comment

Never swim in rivers or lakes in hot countries.

Saltwater is fine, freshwater, is a no no.

Comment

Is it safe to swin in Loсh Ness?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Never swim in rivers or lakes in hot countries.

Saltwater is fine, freshwater, is a no no.
            aye, - right!

Comment

Darn bugs! A Zika type virus that, instead of shrinking brains, gave ladies Steatopygia would be ok though.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's a few on here that could starve these amoebas to death.

Comment

Working...
                X