• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

more brutal farm murders in southafrica this weekend

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I didn't quote it because he updated his post to add the second bit which is why the additional edit to my post began "Oh and"

Now I'm trying to work out if you are either stupidly woke or stupidly racist - but I can't be arsed so I'll just assume stupid and add you to my ignore list.

Ah I see Mr Donuts edited his post but you didn't requote him in your reply yet answered the bit that he added. Sorta confusing don't you think?

See now you might see why you were difficult to understand. You knew the context but didn't share.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Ah I see Mr Donuts edited his post but you didn't requote him in your reply yet answered the bit that he added. Sorta confusing don't you think?

See now you might see why you were difficult to understand. You knew the context but didn't share.
      Sorry but it was easy to understand - but you've confirmed 2 things

1) you are too stupid to see what happened but happy to jump to conclusions and call people out without double checking

2) the reason why this site is back to 127.0.0.1 in a minute and I won't be returning for a long time - it isn't worth it...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
        Whataboutery
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          You are posting about a country half way around the world - so the reason why you are posting about it (on a site where it is complete irrelevant) has to be asked and the only conclusion can be because you are trying to prove something.

And as all the victims you are posting about are white and the likely criminals are black I think it's fair to assume you are racist.
          I guess if you live in an extremely violent country like South Africa, where 90% of the population are non-white, the probability that a white person will be murdered by a non-white person is going to be pretty high, just by the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I guess if you live in an extremely violent country like South Africa, where 90% of the population are non-white, the probability that a white person will be murdered by a non-white person is going to be pretty high, just by the numbers.

That is indeed true. It does however seem the situation is getting worse for all victims regardless of colour.

South Africa crime: Police figures show rising murder and sexual offences - BBC News

What are the longer-term trends?

Murder rates in South Africa have been steadily rising since 2011-12 according to official figures.
            In that year, there were 15,554 recorded murders. By 2018-19, this figure had increased to 21,022.
            That averages out to about 58 murders a day.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I can't reply honestly to this post as it'll get me banned. Suffice to say I totally disagree with you.
              Of course you disagree with me, but that still makes you wrong.

Ok, i'll try it a different way ... those in SA who attack farms are doing so because they are poor and they know the farmers have something - whether it be food, money, drugs. I'm not saying this is OK, but the poverty in SA is driving crime (always has).

What we are NOT seeing though is the attacks driven by skin colour. It just so happens that the white minority are affluent and more at risk of attack due to their wealth and the general poverty in society.

If you are black however you are more likely to be judged purely on skin colour. As a white man I don't believe I have ever been judged on my skin colour in the UK ..... I bet there are not many none whites who will say the same.

Do you understand what I'm saying? It's not rocket science.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Strange just like Rhodesia sorry Zimbabwe people did have enough to eat then they started burning down farms it went from Bead basket to basket case in a few decades. I suspect SA will go the same way.

South Africa was created and given some independence in 1910 (115 years) 1931 it was fully sovereign.

So that would be 90 years of independence.

Strange the ANC have had power since the 1990s and they haven't fixed it in 30 years?
                FTFY
                Zimbabwe fought for independence, won it, and then ended up with a dictator. He lived the life of a king. Once his people realised that they were not gaining from this new freedom they started to complain. Mugabe used the tactic of blaming the white farmers for the poverty that the black majority were experiencing. Yep, he was racist and caused the worse poverty that we're seeing now in Zim. Whataboutery from you, but you know what, I'm not defending Mugabe - he was a racist nutter, he just happened to be a black skinned racist nutter.

SA is different - apartheid over the years has caused the poverty and keeping down the majority black population. It may have officially ended in the early 90's but in reality, certainly in Afrikaner farming areas, apartheid is still rife.

The ANC had Zuma to Zim's Mugabe. A poor man, thrust into a position and life/experience of a king and he didn't want to give it up. You know what they say about power and corruption ..... nothing to do with skin colour.

The fact is, in SA, despite the ANC being (kind of) in charge for years skin colour still makes a big difference. Whilst there are some poor white communities they are minute compared to the poverty in the black communities.

Will SA go like Zim? Quite possibly. Some of the guys I still know over there are concerned for sure. Interestingly though they all have UK (or Dutch) passports so for the affluent whites at least they have an escape plan.

But, to go back to the original post - as bad as this attack and other attacks on farms, they are not driven by skin colour. They are driven by poverty.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What possibly can UK MPs do about it?
                  you wouldnt think it to listen to the MOB but they thankfully managed to abolish transatlantic slavery, so helping these folk out who seem to have no one to turn to shouldnt be beyond their reach

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    The Daily Wail. Look how bad Johnny foreigner is! Meanwhile here's a female celebrity showing some sideboob.

qh

sad isnt it that this seems to be the only newspaper that seems think that people being murdered in this fashion should be reported on, most others seem to sweep it under the carpet, cant see it in the guardian for example

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                      sad isnt it that this seems to be the only newspaper that seems think that people being murdered in this fashion should be reported on, most others seem to sweep it under the carpet, cant see it in the guardian for example
                      If his skin colour was different, would the wail have spun it that he was a drug dealer, due to his attempts to legalise the sale of cannabis, and his arrest in 2010 for possession and dealing.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X