• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

more brutal farm murders in southafrica this weekend

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    WTF does what is typical day to day violence in South Africa have to do with a UK website about contracting...

Oh and being a British person he could have returned to the UK at any time - he just didn't want to.

Is that the white version of "why don't you go back to where you came from"?

hmm.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What possibly can UK MPs do about it?

40k dead from Covid because those fooks did not do their job in preparing for inevitable pandemic, they could not care less about what happens far away

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Is that the white version of "why don't you go back to where you came from"?

hmm.
        Nope it was in answer to the question from the OP which asked "will the government provide refuge to these people before there are none left?"

To which the sane response was

Oh and being a British person he could have returned to the UK at any time - he just didn't want to.

But good try quoting things out of context to score points.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          White invaders have caused what we see in SA today.
          They've been there since 1652 if they should "go home" so should all the blacks in America. This forum is becoming way too woke and lefty for me.

You can't rewrite history - just learn from it.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            They've been there since 1652 if they should "go home" so should all the blacks in America. This forum is becoming way too woke and lefty for me.

You can't rewrite history - just learn from it.
            Inneresting ..... the Dutch, then the British, chose to invade a country and steal the land from the natives. In America, black people were captured and transported against their will to a foreign land and to be kept as slaves. Not exactly the same is it?

And since the invaders have been in SA since 1652 you'd think by now everyone would have enough land to work and food to eat, and yet the white minority still own most of the assets and the natives have little (mostly nothing). Racism in SA has caused this situation - apartheid may have officially ended, but in many parts of SA the changes are tiny.
            Last edited by Whorty; 6 July 2020, 11:34.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Inneresting ..... the Dutch, then the British, chose to invade a country and steel the land from the natives. In America, black people were captured and transported against their will to a foreign and and to be kept as slaves. Not exactly the same is it?

And since the invaders have been in SA since 1652 you'd think by now everyone would have enough land to work and food to eat, and yet the white majority still own most of the assets and the natives have little (mostly nothing). Racism in SA has caused this situation - apartheid may have officially ended, but in many parts of SA the changes are tiny.
              I can't reply honestly to this post as it'll get me banned. Suffice to say I totally disagree with you.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Nope it was in answer to the question from the OP which asked "will the government provide refuge to these people before there are none left?"

To which the sane response was

But good try quoting things out of context to score points.
                Do you want to have a look at your post again?

You didn't quote this part of MrDonuts post, you might have meant to, but you didn't. I think you have realised that.

will the government provide refuge to these people before there are none left? contact your MP now

Then you suggested this Royal Navy veteran who had decided legally to settle & set up a business in South Africa should just go home. Now if someone had posted similar about a Windrush passenger they would quite rightly be called out.

Now you may not of meant it the way it sounded. I however quoted completely in context.

I agree Mr Donuts posting history is a bit suspect but deciding whether he is racist based on the colour of this British citizen murdered in a country that seems to be falling apart seems like you are falling into a skin colour trap.

Comment

The Daily Wail. Look how bad Johnny foreigner is! Meanwhile here's a female celebrity showing some sideboob.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Do you want to have a look at your post again?

You didn't quote this part of MrDonuts post, you might have meant to, but you didn't. I think you have realised that.

Then you suggested this Royal Navy veteran who had decided legally to settle & set up a business in South Africa should just go home. Now if someone had posted similar about a Windrush passenger they would quite rightly be called out.

Now you may not of meant it the way it sounded. I however quoted completely in context.

I agree Mr Donuts posting history is a bit suspect but deciding whether he is racist based on the colour of this British citizen murdered in a country that seems to be falling apart seems like you are falling into a skin colour trap.
                    I didn't quote it because he updated his post to add the second bit which is why the additional edit to my post began "Oh and"

Now I'm trying to work out if you are either stupidly woke or stupidly racist - but I can't be arsed so I'll just assume stupid and add you to my ignore list.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty is naughty View Post
                      Inneresting ..... the Dutch, then the French, then the British to prevent the French Colonising Africa, chose to invade a country and steal the land from the natives. Just like all the other European countries, unfortunately the British were just better at it.

On the way to America and just about everywhere else, black people were captured by their Brothers, Sold to Slavers of all nationalities and transported against their will to a foreign land and to be kept as slaves. Until of course the British ended the Aeon old practice of slavery (well it still continues in Africa, China & India despite the European attempts to end it) Not exactly the same is it?

And since the invaders have been in SA since 1652 (well the British were Johnny come latelys in 1795 trying to stop the French) you'd think by now everyone would have enough land to work and food to eat, and yet the white majority still own most of the assets and the natives have little (mostly nothing). Racism in SA has caused this situation - apartheid may have officially ended, but in many parts of SA the changes are tiny.- Strange just like Rhodesia sorry Zimbabwe people did have enough to eat then they started burning down farms it went from Bead basket to basket case in a few decades. I suspect SA will go the same way.

South Africa was created and given some independence in 1910 (115 years) 1931 it was fully sovereign.

So that would be 90 years of independence.

Strange the ANC have had power since the 1990s and they haven't fixed it in 30 years?

FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X