• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone tried for a bounce back loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried for a bounce back loan?

My current contract is soon ending, and not being renewed again this time, and for once the market seems pretty morbibund.

After checking my war chest, well war match box to be more precise, and finding it rattles ominously, I'm wondering about applying for a bounce back loan.

Anyone else tried this? Do you have to prove you are really bouncing back, and not a dead cat for the time being? Or is being granted it a formality?

Any ideas, as to what to say or not say when applying?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Are you planning to repay it?

Comment

If only we had a massive thread where multiple people people have applied and recieved them already.

You don't put much effort in to finding answers do you?

MF is your man for anything to do with bounce.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Many people have reported doing so successfully in other threads here. I think it’s a formality. If you need the money, go ahead, because the terms are good. I don’t think there’s any policing, as such, but you obviously shouldn’t be using it to sink into bitcoin or BTL etc., rather keeping your company going (which includes staff, shareholders etc.).

Comment

It’s a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Why would OH repay a loan to his limited liability company. Have you learned nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Why would OH repay a loan to his limited liability company. Have you learned nothing?
                Let's just wait when government retrospectively declares that companies in fact have unlimited liability (except donors').

Comment

Borrowing up to a 1/4 of your turn over seems a bit insane for 1-2 person company.

Especially as if you take it out as income you will pay personal tax on it, in some form or other.
                  Also if warchest is finished maybe time to accept a PAYE job, if possible.

Government seems to think increasing debt is the answer

Only reason I would see someone taking the loan was to skill up with certs. Knowing you will find a gig afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                    Only reason I would see someone taking the loan was to skill up with certs. Knowing you will find a gig afterwards.
                    But they aren't claimable through the company..
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X