• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour says it wants growth, not tax rises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour says it wants growth, not tax rises

UK coronavirus live: Labour says it wants growth, not tax rises, ahead of Sunak's summer statement | Politics | The Guardian

I thought I would never say that but I have a feeling that we would be better off if we had voted Labour. I don't think they would have no rights employment in store and their planned tax hikes were nothing in comparison to the IR35 mess.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      I thought I would never say that but I have a feeling that we would be better off if we had voted Labour. I don't think they would have no rights employment in store and their planned tax hikes were nothing in comparison to the IR35 mess.
      While I partly agree with the sentiment, I think it is naive to think that no rights employment wouldn't be going ahead. Just remember which party brought in IR35 in the first place. Corbyn would have been a disaster as a hard left agenda would have been followed, taxing anyone out of existence that dared to have savings.

Sadly we needed a much closer election result than we got and preferably a hung parliament yet again. Politics in the UK is currently a mess in general.

Comment

Labour have got into the habit of simply protesting anything the government says - often before they have even said it. I would disregard them until they present something rather more concrete as an alternative.

And this whole thing is not HMG, or even any particular party, it's the Treasury who simply refuse to accept that the days of master/slave have long gone from the labour market. The Chancellor's team are simply listening to misleading advice from one source, rather than listening to others and forming their own opinions.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X