• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancel Culture?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    WGAFF what you think, bampotman.
    i do, bog dweller.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      i do, bog dweller.
      So nobody of relevance. Just a sad, lonely failure.

Comment

Criticise and debate and boycott all you like, but when they start sending emails to publishers, and harassing employers, and trying to drag all the newspapers and forcing a comment from celebrities to solidify an "us vs them" approach, you've dragged the world into your argument for the purpose of utterly destroying someone. Its no longer a debate or 'consequences' but pure spite and hate, a no rules vendetta.

For someone like JKR it could be water off a multi-millionaires ducks back

but for a few examples, where their only crime is "liking" a tweet or not-making a comment, or even just plain ignorance they've then been sacked and being reported and lobbyed against by a contingent of brainless scumbags

imagine losing your job, having your reputation tarnished, being dragged across media and elsewise, losing your income and if you're in the US potentially your healthcare, for thoughtcrime?

No, that tulip is *cancelling*, and it is utterly abhorrent.

Comment

Given the lack of entertainment opportunities, this new "Cancel" culture is doing a good job of filling the gap.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Stephen Fry is a runt of the lowest order.

And can I just give a shout out to those who think cancel culture is new or not happening.

Like rats, there was always someone 6 feet away that didn't like you being a catholic...

A visit that nearly did not happen - BBC News

but this has been replaced by...

Stephen Fry says Pope should not have state visit to UK - BBC News

Comment

But, who has not had the value of experience that a regular sporting event where 40k people are shouting "**** the pope" at you?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                But, who has not had the value of experience that a regular sporting event where 40k people are shouting "**** the pope" at you?
                Most of us, I'd guess.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  WGAS
                  He told you...

"just a bunch of whiny gits whose intellectual argument is so weak, and whose emotional resilience is so fragile, that they'll scream and scream and scream until they get what they want"
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    He told you...

"just a bunch of whiny gits whose intellectual argument is so weak, and whose emotional resilience is so fragile, that they'll scream and scream and scream until they get what they want"
                    Sounds like the ERG
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      And the other "half" singing Irish Rebel songs?

When I go out for a beer with my friends in Glasgow, the first question is "So John, which team do I support in here, then?"
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X