• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancel Culture?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm inclined to agree...IF the education system covered more in its history classes than WWII.
    It used to, back in the day.

Though history O level stopped in 1914, having started in 1760.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It used to, back in the day.

Though history O level stopped in 1914, having started in 1760.
      I remember mine, it was all about rotational farming and such luminaries as Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep. I believe we might have covered the crusades and I remember a lot of boring crap about the Middle Ages and I recall asking if we could, you know, have something a little bit more modern, some thing the 20th century I got told to shut up. Decided to drop history for the next year and take up sewing, much more useful...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I remember mine, it was all about rotational farming and such luminaries as Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep. I believe we might have covered the crusades and I remember a lot of boring crap about the Middle Ages and I recall asking if we could, you know, have something a little bit more modern, some thing the 20th century I got told to shut up. Decided to drop history for the next year and take up sewing, much more useful...
        I remember a completely mad retired (British) Indian army officer, who only cared about military history. We got a great education in the military formations of the Peninsula War and the Torres Vedras fortification system, but no insight whatsoever as to what it was all about.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I'm happy to agree to voting and debating, but do you expect a mob will accept differing viewpoints if DC tells them they are not allowed to? Given the mob that were "protecting" statues turned out to be louder and more violent than others, what is the solution to that?

Who gets to debate & vote? Is it those who live in the area, or the whole country?
          You debate and vote using your local MP and frameworks in place. Like anything you would like to change.

Can't believe I'm even trying to argue this point, mob rule is bad in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You debate and vote using your local MP and frameworks in place. Like anything you would like to change.

Can't believe I'm even trying to argue this point, mob rule is bad in every way.

It is WTFH the granuaid's rep on UK everything is the fault of some right wing conspiracy. Even when it isn't.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              It is WTFH the granuaid's rep on UK everything is the fault of some right wing conspiracy. Even when it isn't.
              Hiding underneath your poorly-constructed sentence is a ridiculous falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Hiding underneath your poorly-constructed sentence is a ridiculous falsehood.

probably
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Jobs: Unwoke HR | The job board for unwoke companies.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

To OP

It's burning books innit?

If you try and "delete the past" you risk, over time, deleting the progress .

Comment

Working...
                    X