• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Summer Statement DOOMy thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT on hospitality and tourism - food eating out etc: from 20% to 5% - ok that’s good move

Comment

Up to a tenner off to eat In August, Mon-Wed

Comment

Not too bad, but worrying how they are trying to really make people go out and eat/drink out, guess it might be last time before really long lockdown in autumn

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Not too bad, but worrying how they are trying to really make people go out and eat/drink out, guess it might be last time before really long lockdown in autumn
          For that reason I give it DOOM level of 11 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            For that reason I give it DOOM level of 11 out of 10.

Comment

Didn't see any talk of where all the money for this or for all the other payments they've made is going to come from....I would have thought that was quite important
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Didn't see any talk of where all the money for this or for all the other payments they've made is going to come from....I would have thought that was quite important
                They plan it for autumn budget but I reckon things will be so bad that they will delay it till spring, when vaccines will hopefully be available.

To be fair their give aways also not very massive - biggest sting is stopping furlough as planned, costs are astronomical - fraud probably too

Comment

Stamp Duty cut just for engalnd and NI...but no doubt the scots and Welsh will pay for it.
                  Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
                    Stamp Duty cut just for engalnd and NI...but no doubt the scots and Welsh will pay for it.
                    The Scots and welsh only have to pay about a fiver of stamp duty as it stands - they're pre-discounted!
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      The Scots and welsh only have to pay about a fiver of stamp duty as it stands - they're pre-discounted!
                      Welsh Rates are:

Price Threshold LTT rate
                      £0-£180,000 0%
                      £180,000-£250,000 3.5%
                      £250,000-£400,000 5%
                      £400,000-£750,000 7.5%
                      £750,000-£1.5m 10%
                      £1.5m-plus 12%
                      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                      X