• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Summer Statement DOOMy thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Buying a house is a luxury right now, much more sensible to rent in short term
    There's a sigma about renting in some circles which is a bit silly. Nothing at all wrong with renting if you're not sure what your future holds... Or even as a lifestyle choice.

Of course with interest rates as they are, buying in a few months night be a smart investment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Also - £ 10 discount on meals only if you eat in, they are really trying to pack people for a month to get to herd immunity, no VAT discount on booze too - so no real help to pubs

Tory con for sure, and malicious one at that - get prepped for new lockdown in October (if not earlier)
      Nope they're trying to get people to go out AT ALL so restaurants don't collapse. Many are sitting totally empty so far.

If a restaurant employs sensible precautions it's pretty safe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Deposits now need to be bigger
        Job prospects clear as mud
        Whole economy in peril from inevitable second wave

And Tories want people to buy a house?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Nope they're trying to get people to go out AT ALL so restaurants don't collapse. Many are sitting totally empty so far.

If a restaurant employs sensible precautions it's pretty safe
          No, it won’t be safe now on Mon-Wed, which used to be quiet days in the past, now places will be packed for a month - just like in US big spike will come 5-6 weeks later.

Start getting ready for new lockdown people, this one will last longer.

Comment

Start getting ready for new lockdown people, this one will last longer.
            For maximum impact, the best time for doom posts is Monday morning!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No, it won’t be safe now on Mon-Wed, which used to be quiet days in the past, now places will be packed for a month - just like in US big spike will come 5-6 weeks later.
              Restaurants won't be 'packed'. They might be full but they can't hold as many diners as before. So even when they're full distancing is in effect.

And I don't think everyone is going to rush out for £10 saving. It will just hopefully encourage more people to eat out. Many will stay home.

If we all stay home, the economy is dead.

Comment

Come back Gordon Brown, you are a genius compared to these
                Yeh. Sell off our gold reserves at low price, raid people's pensions, fiddle continuously with CT. Are you (slightly) serious Dim?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Yeh. Sell off our gold reserves at low price, raid people's pensions, fiddle continuously with CT. Are you (slightly) serious Dim?
                  Garden Bridge...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Restaurants won't be 'packed'. They might be full but they can't hold as many diners as before. So even when they're full distancing is in effect.

And I don't think everyone is going to rush out for £10 saving. It will just hopefully encourage more people to eat out. Many will stay home.

If we all stay home, the economy is dead.
                    You also don't need to take any precautions: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tsu-curry.html
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      For maximum impact, the best time for doom posts is Monday morning!
                      For AtW every day is doom day

Comment

Working...
                      X