• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did anyone use their lockdown time profitably?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    This makes you look like a right cock.
    and very small at that.

Anyway, that was downright nasty, so I'm giving him a month to cool down.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      and very small at that.

Anyway, that was downright nasty, so I'm giving him a month to cool down.
      #prayforbr14

Comment

I don't think I did much different really.

I did some work, I watched some telly, tried to learn Spanish, did some Open Uni coursework, shopped online.

I did miss going the bits of going out I do: cinema, museums, dinner, cocktails

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I don't think I did much different really.

I did some work, I watched some telly, tried to learn Spanish, did some Open Uni coursework, shopped online.

I did miss going the bits of going out I do: cinema, museums, dinner, cocktails
          Which OU course you doing?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Which OU course you doing?
            Degree in Natural Sciences with Chemistry.

Finished the academic year just gone and result is due on the 21st. The exam was 24 hour open book instead of 3 hours in a draughty hall. Just the final year equivalent to go but I'm going to take a break and not start another course in October. I want holidays next year without having to work around assignments!

Comment

Been working throughout so far.

9 hours a week back from not sitting in the car plus time back that would have been spent gossiping in the office or sitting in pointless meetings (Teams calls with video off mean I can do useful stuff while the permies waffle) means we've got a load of DIY done on the new house. Mostly decorating with a few small jobs here and there, plus getting the garage set up and building a work bench so I can actually do stuff in it. Garden has been tamed and is approaching respectability. A considerable amount off tinkering with bikes as also taken place.

Windows next on the list but getting someone else to do that.

Missing going to the pub etc. On the plus side I'm back below 85kg for the first time since buggering my knee last year. Although thats largely down to mostly following the same diet as MrsB.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've started laying a patio and also get out for a run most days, which helps with the waistline when the kitchen is just a few metres way.

Not looking forward to the day when we have to head back into the office for most of the week (currently not before October).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Degree in Natural Sciences with Chemistry.

Finished the academic year just gone and result is due on the 21st. The exam was 24 hour open book instead of 3 hours in a draughty hall. Just the final year equivalent to go but I'm going to take a break and not start another course in October. I want holidays next year without having to work around assignments!
                  Cool, sounds interesting. Fingers crossed for your results (let us know how you get on).

Comment

Took up long distance running and have reached half marathon stage now. Hoping to reach marathon distance by Christmas.

Learning juggling but that has proved to be very hard

Lots of Pluralsight courses but they make me sleepy
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Took up long distance running and have reached half marathon stage now. Hoping to reach marathon distance by Christmas.

Learning juggling but that has proved to be very hard

Lots of Pluralsight courses but they make me sleepy
                      I learnt to juggle when I was a student - house share with a hippy who did street performance - at first, just couldn't get it but once I got it, it suddenly became simple! Weird. I got as good as 4 bean bags and even 3 clubs. Stick at it as once you get it, you'll nail it for ever

Comment

Working...
                      X