• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suicides and the Loan Charge: Split from HMRC enquiries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So sasguru was Gricer?

I dont think so, but gricer got booted for being a dull sockie.

Sauce for the goose and all that

Comment

Correct move by Mods - it’s bad enough to have dull posters, totally unacceptable to have dull sockies

Comment

I think we are all in agreement then.

Fetch the banhammer mods.

Comment

Ministrone, 1 month

Comment

It is not for other people to decide what someone else worries about as the human mind is subject to (retrospective) law or logic.

I remember these schemes just about being around when i started up in 2008 but they never passed the smell test. However they were quite mature by then so although I like to think I would never have gone near one, who knows what I might have done had I started up a few years earlier?

All of the above said chasing people a couple of decades after the event where their personal circumstances might have entirely changed isn't on.

Comment

The only practical way to slow down these “schemes” is to retrospectively whack them - this was long coming, all those endless court fights had to result in a brutal retro action, the’ve asked for it and they’ve got it - should be grateful it’s not treated as criminal tax evasion, which it is what those “schemes” really are - all those infamous “QCs” should have been doing time in jail until year 2040, alongside with promoters and users.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                I remember these schemes just about being around when i started up in 2008 but they never passed the smell test. However they were quite mature by then so although I like to think I would never have gone near one, who knows what I might have done had I started up a few years earlier
                I started contracting a couple of years before IR35 came, and joined one of the early schemes because it seemed like a safer bet (doh!) than carrying on outside.

By 2008, the Government had already fired the first salvo of retro. I couldn't for the life of me understand why the schemes really took off then. To me, it seemed obvious that the writing was on the wall.

It beggars belief that schemes are still going now.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                X