• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheesh- Tory Feckwit rises from the career graveyard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just imagine how they feel about you...
    I thank my lucky stars that it is a mutually-disrespectful relationship. I'd really be miffed if it was one-sided.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Well deserved!! One of the better Torres IMO.
      Are there any ferry contracts waiting to be awarded?
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What interview?
        It sounds like quite an important job. The sort of job for which you would normally expect to have a series of interviews, with a panel interview at the end, probably have to do a powerpoint presentation, that sort of thing.

I once had to do two interviews for a poxy 3 month contract* so I'd expect "UK Intelligence Committee Chair" to involve the sort of recruitment process where you are grilled to within an inch of your life, and then someone else walks in at the end wearing a very large pair of rubber gloves, and says "One last thing before you go, Mr Grayling...".
        Something like that, anyway...

*(although that was down to Accenture's high-performance HR team not being able to get two people in the same room at the same time.)
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Well deserved!! One of the better Torres IMO.
          Are there any ferry contracts waiting to be awarded?
          Better than Fernando?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            "Never in the field of Tory conflicts-of-interest, was so much cocked up by so few for so many" (sic).

As a staunch ex-Tory, I feel totally let down by this and the most previous Government.
            Same here. I can see me never voting Tory ever again.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              "Never in the field of Tory conflicts-of-interest, was so much cocked up by so few for so many" (sic).

As a staunch ex-Tory, I feel totally let down by this and the most previous Government.
              You let yourself down by being a Tory in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                You let yourself down by being a Thatcherite-Libertarian Tory in the first place.
                FTFY
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

People like Grayling and Francois are literally used as pawns in the media landscape, someone is pushed up the board once a day with some deliberately outrageous comment or action. Then it's like 2 days of "OMG, did u see what Francois fuggin said?"

Then every so often people wonder why nobody has seen Boris in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    People like Grayling and Francois are literally used as pawns in the media landscape, someone is pushed up the board once a day with some deliberately outrageous comment or action. Then it's like 2 days of "OMG, did u see what Francois fuggin said?"

Then every so often people wonder why nobody has seen Boris in ages.
                    We see Boris weekly where he fails to answer the questions of the leader of her Majesty's Opposition, Sir Keir Starmer QC MP.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Surely anything with Chris Grayling and 'intelligence' has to be an oxymoron?
                      They're subcontracting out his brain to Dom.

Comment

Working...
                      X