• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turkey turns iconic Istanbul museum into mosque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like Minnie needs to move to Turkey and go tell Erdogan where to stick his mosque. Evidently they're very upset that a building can change its purpose over time.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's been a museum since 1930 when they made a law saying it was not to be a place of worship.

Does anyone get away with saying Auschwitz is a museum?
      Why are most of your posts about foreign people or people of colour? Someone would think you had an hidden agenda
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Why are most of your posts about foreign people or people of colour? Someone would think you had an hidden agenda
        Sshhh, whisper it but ...... he may be a tiddly little bit racist
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Firstly, i dont think most of my posts are about foreign people, but if they were, it would hardly be a hidden agenda.

But as you are a foreign national electing to post on a UK business forum it could reasonably be argued that all of your posts are about "foreign people".

You need to get someone to straighten out your backwards 'ideas' before they get to the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Sshhh, whisper it but ...... he may be a bit tiddly little bit racist
            FTFY.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Does anyone get away with saying Auschwitz is a museum?
              Yes. Because it is a museum.

The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum was created by an act of the Polish parliament on July 2, 1947, and includes the grounds of two extant parts of the Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau concentration camps. The Museum grounds cover 191 hectares, of which 20 are at Auschwitz I and 171 at Auschwitz II-Birkenau.

Comment

Minny also despises Muslim majority countries because they don't allow gay marriage or adoption by gay parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  In the UK we turn churches into pubs, nightclubs and houses
                  And mosques. Old Church Becomes Mosque in Uneasy Britain - The New York Times

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Ah the NYT, the paper that always looks to bash the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Istanbul was Constantinople.
                      It went downhill when they stopped calling it Byzantium.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X