• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turkey turns iconic Istanbul museum into mosque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afghanistan, Iran , Libya were alll nice countries until the fanatics took over
    Turkey is going the same way

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Clitheroe is tucked away in Lancashire County in the north
      Ah, bless, Americans...
      It's not a part of the world I'm familiar with, but I can't imagine a great uprising at the thought of turning an abandoned Methodist church into something else.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think it would be one thing if this was universally desired in turkey but half the country and probably about 75% of the population in Istanbul is absolutely outraged by this. Further distancing themselves from the secular country they use to be.

I haven't spoken to a Turkish person yet who supports this. Just more authoritarian tulip from a leader that is losing more and more support by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
          I think it would be one thing if this was universally desired in turkey but half the country and probably about 75% of the population in Istanbul is absolutely outraged by this. Further distancing themselves from the secular country they use to be.

I haven't spoken to a Turkish person yet who supports this. Just more authoritarian tulip from a leader that is losing more and more support by the day.
          The death of the Islamic world's bastion of secularism and democracy is worth it, if it provides a platform to feel morally superior over "gammons" and throw around a few claims of racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Minny also despises Muslim majority countries because they don't allow gay marriage or adoption by gay parents.
            You are probably OK with them hanging homosexuals.

Comment

Working...
            X