• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simple curry sauce recipe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most commercial curry powders use way too much tumeric. No authentic recipe uses that level of tumeric. You barely need it and, if you feel you must add it, you only need a teaspoon max.

And turmeric has naff all super power health benefits, that's a massive swizz dreamt up on the back of shonky correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      FFS don’t use curry powder, it’s vile stuff.
      I disagree.

Comment

Brown onions and red pepper slowly add garlic and curry spices, tin of tomatoes, salt, fresh coriander, a little honey, then poach meat. Add a spoon of plain Greek yogurt at the end and more fresh coriander. For extra yum, hard fry the meat with some spices and some lemon juice and add to the sauce at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Simple curry sauce recipe?

Sweat onions, garlic, ginger and chilli peppers in quite a bit of oil. Do it slow. Once all soft add tomatoes (tinned or fresh), and tomato purée if you want a rich tomatoey gravy. Sweat for 5.
          Add your dry spices. I use paprika, cumin (lots), coriander, turmeric, maybe smoked garlic powder. Experiment yourself.

The trick here is to wait till the oil starts to float on top of the mixture. At that point add your meat and butter (or ghee). And cook.

At the end, salt, sugar and lemon juice to taste.

That is a Bradford Pakistani recipe so I will hear no wrong about it....

Get the hang of that method, and then start to experiment with the more exotic spices. It is amazing for something so simple.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X