• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry about all that alarmist climate change stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Speccy regularly publishes articles from all sorts with contradictory viewpoints. There's a couple of columnists who often take a pop at each other's articles and tell the readership why they're right and other is wrong.

But, yes, go look for a conspiracy instead of having a grown up discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      It's just another example of why it is so important to do your own research and not just believe one point if view or another.
      While it's important to keep an open mind and try to have a balanced view, I think I'll just go with the consensus of scientific opinion. Just like I do for medical treatment.

However, it's vital to ignore anything activists say. About anything. And ignore most political rhetoric. Even if it's in favour of something you believe in. Because that's about philosophy and ideology, not about science.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Enjoy your limited freedom to doubt man made climate change whilst you can

Climate Activists Step Up Calls for Imprisoning Climate Realists - Climate Realism

Comment

“Climate Realists” probably got 99% overlap with people who refuse to wear masks

Comment

There is no denying that climate change is real. Earth is getting hotter in front of our eyes
            such articles are misleading

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Freedom of speech, innit?

Comment

I find it amusing the people who use the excuse that “climate change is all about more money”.
                It doesn’t have to be. It could actually be argued that if we consumed less and wasted less, we’d save money, not spend it.
                But hey ho, the easier answer is to say that it’s about how much extra it costs to consume more and waste more.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Freedom of speech, innit?
                  Exactly.

If I go around saying man made climate change is a hoax, I am free to have such an opinion, even if 99.99% of the world say I'm wrong.

What happens next is those that don't agree with the consensus are silenced with imprisonment.

Thoughtcrime - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    There is no denying that climate change is real. Earth is getting hotter in front of our eyes
                    Why not? Why not allow people to deny it?

When Einstein proposed that gravity was caused by the curvature of a thing he called "space time", the leading scientists of the day said it was a Jewish conspiracy to undermine the real science of the day, and from a patent clerk!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      If I go around saying man made climate change is a hoax, I am free to have such an opinion, even if 99.99% of the world say I'm wrong.
                      Yes, that's an opinion and I am fine with that - but if you make money on the back of it, then it's no longer an opinion, it is - obtaining money by deception which is fraud.

Writing an article for money in a publication with more than a handful readers should require simple obligations like fact checking, not having conflict of interest (ie taking money from people who want particular "opinion" published).

Comment

Working...
                      X