• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry about all that alarmist climate change stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about all that alarmist climate change stuff

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...y-of-alarmism-

Actually an interesting article about how some of the climate change rhetoric is alarmist noise and not really factual.

Which is then seized upon by the intellectually challenged as proof that all claims concerning Climate Change are rubbish. But I note that Shellenberger is not necessarily correct with all his statements - there's room for discussion.

Interesting read anyway.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You need to get more sanctimonious.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think discussion without turning it into a foamy mouthed slanging match is needed. As with everything, there is nuance.

Comment

No DOOM warning label !

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I think discussion without turning it into a foamy mouthed slanging match is needed. As with everything, there is nuance.
            No on CUK there isn't.

Comment

The main issue is that climate change has become monetised.

And so it's now about making money and the truth will be bent to support that goal.

It's just another example of why it is so important to do your own research and not just believe one point if view or another.

Although if you all don't agree with me you're racist or something!

[emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                The main issue is that climate change has become monetised. And so it's now about making money and the truth will be bent to support that goal.
                It's only monetised because otherwise some people just don't fooking get it.

There is no vaccine from climate change, and it's coming rapidly, so stop the climate change, and in process bankrupt fookers from 3rd world who sell oil/gas and use that money to fook with the West, plus get loaded on the back of it - what's not to like?

Only people who have rational reason to oppose it are those barons who sell oil/gas - fook 'em, they'll have to take one for the team Earth.

Comment

Commissioning editor for The Spectator: Mary Wakefield (journalist) - Wikipedia
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Commissioning editor for The Spectator: Mary Wakefield (journalist) - Wikipedia
                    Interesting. Old money (and vast amounts of it) from the back of the slave trade.

Probably have a lot of money invested in oil and gas now.

Everyone has an agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X