• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19 - other viruses are available

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid-19 - other viruses are available

My daughter in law has had two covid-19 tests recently, both negative. The latest diagnosis is the 'flu - which fits with her symptoms of fatigue and vertigo and according to the doc is 'doing the rounds'. Poor thing - she should be enjoying her 6 week old daughter, not being ill...

The kid is doing fine.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

And?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        My daughter in law has had two covid-19 tests recently, both negative. The latest diagnosis is the 'flu - which fits with her symptoms of fatigue and vertigo and according to the doc is 'doing the rounds'. e.
        Yeah, tonnes of flu "doing the rounds" at the moment.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...20_week_28.pdf

Parainfluenza and adenovirus positivity were 0.0%and 2.9% respectively in week27.

Comment

I've had 2 covid tests, soon as someone coughs near the wife they want to do one on the household.

The second time, the nasal swab, like 10 CM in. Really unpleasant.

Comment

The google flu thing.

The "oh we can track flu with our data". Epic failure.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              And?
              Just sharing a snippet of familial information in a general discussion area. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                My daughter in law has had two covid-19 tests recently, both negative. The latest diagnosis is the 'flu - which fits with her symptoms of fatigue and vertigo and according to the doc is 'doing the rounds'. Poor thing - she should be enjoying her 6 week old daughter, not being ill...

The kid is doing fine.
                Cousin's wife phoned two weeks ago in a panic. Her husband had been diagnosed with flu after falling ill and not being able to get out of bed. He had a negative Covid-19 test as did his family.

He is a techie and works for CBS. Cutting a long story short, it transpired that he had done a favour for their neighbour fixing his his computer. It was only afterwards the neighbour told him he had been suffering from Covid-19. His neighbour thought everything was OK and no need to mention the fact.

Cousin had a second Covid-19 test that came back negative but was taken to hospital. X-rays and scans showed severe lung damage so they did a third Covid test in three days. The third test was positive. He had been misdiagnosed with flu. All his workmates had to be tested but none were found positive... as yet.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I've had 2 covid tests, soon as someone coughs near the wife they want to do one on the household.

The second time, the nasal swab, like 10 CM in. Really unpleasant.
                  how come to test for Covid they have to stick a swab through your nose to the back of your throat while alledgedly a single droplet can infect an entire village? Load of bollocks to me
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Turns out the week previously, my daughter's oriental archery tutors had it. Which means my daughter is a superspreader (symptomless) . At least this flu doesn't kill.

Comment

Working...
                    X