• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19 - other viruses are available

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Turns out the week previously, my daughter's oriental archery tutors had it. Which means my daughter is a superspreader (symptomless) . At least this flu doesn't kill.
    Kung Flu?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      how come to test for Covid they have to stick a swab through your nose to the back of your throat while alledgedly a single droplet can infect an entire village? Load of bollocks to me
      You are talking through your arse - better pray you don't get any symptoms, because your test is going to be extra painful.

Comment

I told my son it was a rectal test and we all had to stick our arses out the car window and get a swab.

2 hours of "daddy is only joking".

Then he gets a pipe cleaner battered up his nose.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Kung Flu?

Watch it, she can put an arrow in a fly's eye at one hundred yards, from a galloping horse.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My daughter in law has been admitted into hospital. ?

Comment

My daughter in law has been admitted into hospital. ������
              Wishing her the best, matey.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Wishing her the best, matey.
                Thanks. They now suspect a pulmonary embolism. So she's in the right place.

So far diagnoses were :
                Trapped nerve in ribs
                Flu

Funnily enough, PE matches both. But medicine is still much more an art than a science.

Comment

Thanks. They now suspect a pulmonary embolism. So she's in the right place.

So far diagnoses were :
                  Trapped nerve in ribs
                  Flu

Funnily enough, PE matches both. But medicine is still much more an art than a science.
                  An Emergency Medicine doctor I work with described it as a differential diagnosis decision tree.

Comment

It is, and to be fair, the doc did do an x-ray and there was then no evidence of a clot.

If she had to stay in for a while, it's five minutes drive from where I live. Twenty minutes for my son.

Comment

It is, and to be fair, the doc did do an x-ray and there was then no evidence of a clot.

If she had to stay in for a while, it's five minutes drive from where I live. Twenty minutes for my son.
                      Lend him your car!

On a serious note, hope she's Ok.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X