• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoZo does it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoZo does it again

Johnson urges people to return to work if they can, contradicting government advice

Not content with boasting about shaking hands with Covid 19 patients in March, he's back on his quest to cause more British civilian deaths than the Blitz.

“I do want people to start to go to work now if you can, but remember to follow the guidance because that is the way to save lives,” he said.

“I think everybody has sort of taken the ‘stay at home if you can’ – I think we should now say, well, ‘go back to work if you can.’

“Because I think it’s very important that people should try to lead their lives more normally. I want to see more people feeling confident to use the shops, use the restaurants, and get back into work – but only if we all follow the guidance.”
    On the other hand UK government guidance says...

Objective: That everyone should work from home, unless they cannot work from home.

People who can work from home should continue to do so. Employers should decide, in consultation with their workers, whether it is viable for them to continue working from home. Where it is decided that workers should come into their place of work then this will need to be reflected in the risk assessment and actions taken to manage the risks of transmission in line with this guidance.
    Offices and contact centres - Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Guidance - GOV.UK

Is he a sociopath like Trump?

Comment

My employer is trying to get 50% back to the office starting next week I believe. We can all, and have been working from home 100%, all metrics show improved output and quality since escaping the super noisy open plan office.

I really look forward to sitting in the noisy office again under the aircon outlet pipe that combines the breath output of over 1000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Is he a sociopath like Trump?
        More likely a narcissist, or even just a fool with a high opinion of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Is he a **** like Trump?
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            My employer is trying to get 50% back to the office starting next week I believe. We can all, and have been working from home 100%, all metrics show improved output and quality since escaping the super noisy open plan office.

I really look forward to sitting in the noisy office again under the aircon outlet pipe that combines the breath output of over 1000 people.

As an independent contractor working through you own Ltd, you should do you own risk assessment and decide where you're going to work, rather than being herded into a plague pit like permie cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              As an independent contractor working through you own Ltd, you should do you own risk assessment and decide where you're going to work, rather than being herded into a plague pit like permie cattle.
              As permie I have to suck it up b1tch!

Comment

Was nice knowing you ...

Comment

When is your next semi-annual review?

Comment

Oh. I'm so sorry. Will you want flowers or is there some permie charity you'd like us to donate to?

Comment

Working...
                    X