• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoZo does it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It's not Boris' fault your employer's are fookwits..

Also as woohoo says the expected poverty pandemic may well have a bigger impact
    "I think we should now say, well, ‘go back to work if you can'".

B. Johnson

Comment

“We will fight Covid to the death in the airconned offices”

Boris

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Poverty is not a deadly highly infectious decease that currently got no cure
        There is enough money in the world for poverty to be eradicated yet it exists for approx 90% if the population.

Just because a cure exists does not mean it will be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          "I think we should now say, well, ‘go back to work if you can'".

B. Johnson
          More and more I am finding the people who are against going back to work are those who have enjoyed doing fook all for the past few months.

Obviously as we know if you are in a small unventilated space then it is prudent to wear a mask but any large space with ventilation is fine although feel free to wear a mask if it makes you feel better.

Comment

There is enough money in the world for poverty to be eradicated yet it exists for approx 90% if the population.

Just because a cure exists does not mean it will be used.
            I was under the impression that Poverty was being "cured" with huge strides made in the last 100 years.

Comment

There is enough money in the world for poverty to be eradicated yet it exists for approx 90% if the population. Just because a cure exists does not mean it will be used.
              It exists at 90% because of corrupt regimes

Poverty in this country is not the same as in most countries in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                On the other hand UK government guidance says...
                Is anyone keeping up with all the changes though? I just realised this weekend (we ran out of something after I'd been out to stock up) that I was subconciously still following the old 'only go out once a day for supplies' rule.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The two messages aren't necessarily contradictory.

Go back to work - if you're furloughed, your employer should be thinking about getting you off that and back onto the payroll.

Work from home wherever possible - common sense for the majority of desk jobs.

Sounds like someone's just looking to be offended.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Poverty is not a deadly highly infectious decease that currently got no cure
                    Influenza is - and yet we carry on each year without totally fubar-ing the economy.

People die. Live with it.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Influenza is - and yet we carry on each year without totally fubar-ing the economy.

People die. Live with it.
                      Recessions happen. Live with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X