• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoZo does it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The two messages aren't necessarily contradictory.

Go back to work - if you're furloughed, your employer should be thinking about getting you off that and back onto the payroll.

Work from home wherever possible - common sense for the majority of desk jobs.

Sounds like someone's just looking to be offended.
    Yeah it's just about looking for someone to blame so they can absolve themselves from responsibility for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I was under the impression that Poverty was being "cured" with huge strides made in the last 100 years.
      It's true.

I mean do you have an outside khazi and 1 bath a week?

Comment

The two messages aren't necessarily contradictory.

Go back to work - if you're furloughed, your employer should be thinking about getting you off that and back onto the payroll.

Work from home wherever possible - common sense for the majority of desk jobs.

Sounds like someone's just looking to be offended.
        Of course they are contradictory:

‘go back to work if you can.’

vs

'everyone should work from home, unless they cannot work from home.'

What are people meant to do with that info if they can work at a home and can go to work. Or do you think that those two conditions are mutually exclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Of course they are contradictory:

‘go back to work if you can.’

vs

'everyone should work from home, unless they cannot work from home.'

What are people meant to do with that info if they can work at a home and can go to work. Or do you think that those two conditions are mutually exclusive?
          I read back to work as coming off furlough rather than back to the office.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Same here.

Not sure why going back to work HAS to be physically in an office as the foamy mouthed are assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Have another go.

“I think everybody has sort of taken the ‘stay at home if you can’ – I think we should now say, well, ‘go back to work if you can.’

Comment

Same here.

Not sure why going back to work HAS to be physically in an office as the foamy mouthed are assuming.
                It has to be (according to Boris) because without office workers a lot of nearby businesses will fold as they lost office trade

Comment

Have another go.

“I think everybody has sort of taken the ‘stay at home if you can’ – I think we should now say, well, ‘go back to work if you can.’
                  Yes, if your employer can accommodate you doing work because they have some for you to do then you should do it.

That statement does not say WHERE the work has to be done.

Comment

Yes, if your employer can accommodate you doing work because they have some for you to do then you should do it.

That statement does not say WHERE the work has to be done.
                    Christ you lot are slow. Natural selection will just have to take its course.

Comment

Christ you lot are slow. Natural selection will just have to take its course.
                      I blame coffee

Comment

Working...
                      X