• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government strategy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No chance. If people have started ignoring the queuing and distancing protocols, no-one is going to risk violence or worse trying to police the wearing of masks (e.g. this chap: Coronavirus: French bus driver dies after attack by passengers who refused to wear face masks | World News | Sky News)
    There's a big difference between people nipping the wrong way down an aisle - very hard to police - and a blanket refusal to serve anyone not wearing a mask. You could probably most easily police this with people on the door... plenty of bouncers out of work right now.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I take it that government strategy is follow other countries, Germany got all their flu vaccines in a couple of months ago (and people on here were taking the mick):

The government is preparing to roll out the “biggest flu vaccination programme in history”, according to Matt Hancock.The health secretary said planning was under way for an expected surge in demand on the NHS due to seasonal pressures, such as flu cases, over winter.

Speaking at a National Pharmacy Association (NPA) virtual conference on Monday, Hancock said that following the coronavirus pandemic, he was expecting high demand for flu jabs over winter.

He added that although enough vaccine had been procured for the programme, it would be a “big task”.

“We all know that having had an incredibly hard six months the next big moment is as winter approaches,” he said. “We are currently planning in detail for winter. We are expecting high demand.

Earlier this month, Downing Street said ministers were trying to secure a “significant additional supply” of vaccines so the uptake in “at-risk” groups could be increased and more people could be made eligible for a free injection.

Hancock said the Government was also working on a coronavirus vaccination programme, should a successful vaccine be found.

“We are working hard on a combination of the Covid vaccination programme, should a vaccination work, and of course the biggest flu vaccination programme in history,” he said.

“We are working now on how a Covid vaccine roll-out would work.”
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Classic.
        I know, I had to dumb down for him and forgot to add the bit about the difference between a policy (as he meant it) and a guideline. Twenty on the naughty step for me, OK with you?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I know, I had to dumb down for him and forgot to add the bit about the difference between a policy (as he meant it) and a guideline. Twenty on the naughty step for me, OK with you?
          Just please never change.

Comment

Because it hasn't been enacted into law. This will probably come as a shock to you, knowing only Stalinism as you do, but we have laws which require an Act of Parliament, not some Johnny Hitler with a clipboard.
            The police can't enforce a law which doesn't exist (they wouldn't bother even if it did), and I doubt many shopkeepers would refuse entry to anyone likely to respond with a Glasgow kiss. So it will all become discretionary, those of us who consider ourselves civilised will wear them, the chav masses won't.
            And just for the record, I now know how Scooty feels every single day...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

And just for the record, I now know how Scooty feels every single day...

Better mask up your avatar - there will be plenty of bans cometh 24th

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Better mask up your avatar - there will be plenty of bans cometh 24th
                I was going to say the fine will probably be less than the cost of the masks, but on Amazon it is still possible to buy 50 disposables for a little over £25. 50 masks will probably last us about a fortnight. I don't expect the price to stay there for very long.

Comment

I was going to say the fine will probably be less than the cost of the masks, but on Amazon it is still possible to buy 50 disposables for a little over £25. 50 masks will probably last us about a fortnight. I don't expect the price to stay there for very long.
                  Not if MF gets interested...

Comment

Working...
                  X