• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU criminals barred under new points-based system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    At least try to be interesting Atw.
    Truth is just truth, more usual than not it's boring, but it's still important to face it - give it a go sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Check them for prison tattoos on arrival. Simples...
      One to especially watch out is face of Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Truth is just truth, more usual than not it's boring, but it's still important to face it - give it a go sometime.
        I don't think you care that much about truth. You just dish out the boring, tired insults because you don't seem to have the ability to engage in a conversation.

You seem a bit limited.

Comment

I don't think you care that much about truth. You just dish out the boring, tired insults because you don't seem to have the ability to engage in a conversation.

You seem a bit special
          FTFY

Comment

Is that true though, my understanding on this is that EU rules state that a previous conviction was not grounds enough on its own for excluding or removing EU citizens.

They also had to pose an immediate threat.

Many deportations are slowed down by legal challenges on the grounds of human rights.

I really can't see what the issue is with this other than can the border force be effective in implementing it.

Thousands of EU citizens deported due to a previous conviction since 2010

Nothing's changed, but it is a bit of a welcome deflection from the goverment warnings on a no deal Brexit.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

It sounds like a pragmatic tightening up of our borders.

I fully support that. I'd prefer they built a wall though.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Thousands of EU citizens deported due to a previous conviction since 2010

Nothing's changed, but it is a bit of a welcome deflection from the goverment warnings on a no deal Brexit.
                I don't have a subscription for the FT. I really don't see how this is a deflection. I think most people are able to be aware of more than one subject.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I fully support that. I'd prefer they built a wall though.
                  With a moat full of snakes and crocodiles?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    With a moat full of snakes and crocodiles?
                    Swindonian "ladies" swimming about would work.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Swindonian "ladies" swimming about would work.
                      Yes, would work just fine, but have you considered long term maintenance costs?

Comment

Working...
                      X