• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Heart scans of Covid-19 patients show range of abnormalities | Medical research | The Guardian

Heart scans of coronavirus patients in hospital have revealed a range of abnormalities that can disrupt the ability to pump blood and in severe cases lead to a life-threatening failure in the organ.

Doctors at Edinburgh University examined ultrasound scans known as echocardiograms from more than 1,200 patients in 69 countries and found heart problems in 55%, with one in seven exhibiting signs of “severe abnormalities”.

The scans found damage to the ventricles – the two main chambers of the heart – in more than a third of the patients, while 3% had experienced heart attacks and a further 3% had inflamed heart tissue. The majority had no known heart disease before the scans were done.
    Warning of serious brain disorders in people with mild coronavirus symptoms | World news | The Guardian

Doctors may be missing signs of serious and potentially fatal brain disorders triggered by coronavirus, as they emerge in mildly affected or recovering patients, scientists have warned.

Neurologists are on Wednesday publishing details of more than 40 UK Covid-19 patients whose complications ranged from brain inflammation and delirium to nerve damage and stroke. In some cases, the neurological problem was the patient’s first and main symptom.
    Covid-19 can damage lungs of victims beyond recognition, expert says | World news | The Guardian

Covid-19 can leave the lungs of people who died from the disease completely unrecognisable, a professor of cardiovascular science has told parliament.

It created such massive damage in those who spent more than a month in hospital that it resulted in “complete disruption of the lung architecture”, said Prof Mauro Giacca of King’s College London.

In findings that he said showed the potential for “real problems” after survival, he told the Lords science and technology committee that he had studied the autopsies of patients who died in Italy after 30 to 40 days in intensive care and discovered large amounts of the virus persisting in lungs as well as highly unusual fused cells.
    Now, Boris says, get back to the office, get back down the pub, get back on the plane, stop being namby pambies!

Your pub/cafe needs you! (and if you suffer terrible illness, who cares!)

It's just like other coronaviruses known also as common colds

*cough*

Comment

Stocks to the moon.

Don't understand this world anymore.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Stocks to the moon. Don't understand this world anymore.
        I thought you said the crash is imminent?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Stocks to the moon.

Don't understand this world anymore.
          Finally something truthful comes out!

Comment

I know it's very hard to tell any difference but the Covid might have fecked Boris in the head.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I thought you said the crash is imminent?
              That was last month ... his graphs this month say "buy, buy, buy"
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Now, Boris says, get back to the office, get back down the pub, get back on the plane, stop being namby pambies!

Your pub/cafe needs you! (and if you suffer terrible illness, who cares!)
                Sounds like you are overreacting to a low risk Dim, Boris is correct!

Read a dispassionate summary of the facts: Facts about Covid-19 – Swiss Policy Research
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Sounds like you are overreacting to a low risk Dim, Boris is correct!

Read a dispassionate summary of the facts: Facts about Covid-19 – Swiss Policy Research

You've obviously not clicked on many of their dispassionate sources and their medical background.

Links to the Daily Mail.
                  "InProportion2", which has in the about section: I am a concerned citizen from the UK, .... I am neither a scientist nor medic.
                  Or just circular references to themselves.
                  They like to embellish links - in one they add the word "serious", but the article linked to talks about any, not just serious.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X