• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New points based system - The end of contracting and IT as we know it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New points based system - The end of contracting and IT as we know it

SO basically anyone earning more than £25K can get a visa (that’s everyone in London for a start) why hire expensive local resources at £50-£60k when you can get 2 people in to do the job

The UK's points-based immigration system: policy statement - GOV.UK

Luckily the market is so good at the moment !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

“ We accept the MAC’s recommendation on salary thresholds, including to lower the general salary threshold from £30,000 to £25,600.

5. We will implement the MAC’s recommendation to bring the skills threshold down from RQF6 to RQF3. We will suspend the cap on the number of people who can come on the skilled worker route and remove the resident labour market test.“

Comment

Paging MrD...

Comment

Such gloomsterism! The important thing to remember is that the UK has taken back control of its own borders.

Comment

It's obvious that Brexit was supposed to work for companies in the first place, more control over people. Less options available for them.
          People thinking thinking otherwise must be riding some nostalgia / dangerous level of ignorance.

Another example that I've used in the past is how US companies have abused the visa system to bring in talent from abroad. Not only because they are more capable people out there. But they get mediocre talent at a good price point that they can overwork to burnout. Silicon Valley is full of H1B visas.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            Silicon Valley is full of H1B visas.
            Yeah, and that's why top high-tech companies like Google is there, and not UK or anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Yeah, and that's why top high-tech companies like Google is there, and not UK or anywhere else.
              If that is what makes you proud while stocking shelves in Tesco than good for you.

Comment

You still here?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  If that is what makes you proud while stocking shelves in Tesco than good for you.
                  I would not be stocking shelves in Tesco because new points based system will enable me to hire 10 people who'll do it for me.

HTH

Comment

I would not be stocking shelves in Tesco because new points based system will enable me to hire 10 people who'll do it for me.

HTH
                    Are you sure about that? They can still bring some to replace you in the corporate chain.
                    Unless you believe you have a right from birth to be a bows and manage people.
                    Than I am completely happy with your answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X