• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New points based system - The end of contracting and IT as we know it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People in power think that the IT is just sitting behind the computer and typing some broken English commands that they could do that themselves if it wasn't so boring. They see that it was a way for the Pleb to take few steps up the society ladder and they don't want their space too crowded. They think it is insane that IT worker can make more than themselves and large IT companies kept telling them that it isn't right. So the contractor market will be taken over by large donor consultancies and domestic perms will be replaced by cheap overseas workers.
    You have put all the sweat and dedication throughout the years into learning the trade only to be making not much more than an unskilled worker soon.
    That feels like a kick in the teeth.

Comment

surprised the left wing racists on this board havent been all over tarberas post claiming its racist to even suggest that this is a problem

lets hope that they are the first to feel its effects

Comment

This is not an IT thing

Imagine I own a building Company in London paying the average rate of 42.5K per UK Employee, I can pay 20% less for Polish workers already.

Now I can replace them all with Ukraine's, Russians, Turkish, All African, all South American workers that could not previously work in UK for 50% discount

Winner winner Chicken Dinner !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          surprised the left wing racists on this board havent been all over tarberas post claiming its racist to even suggest that this is a problem

lets hope that they are the first to feel its effects
          Mr D

The writing has been on the wall for a long time to be honest.

Brexit or no Brexit, Johnson (or whoever is in power) is in the pocket of the global corporate cabal that has no concern whatsoever about riding roughshod over the resident talent pool.

I would imagine Rishi's pa-in-law is very happy about this.

Comment

This will boost the profits at some companies, I'm carefully evaluating where to invest and hope to make a small fortune from the cheap labour of others.

If you can't beat them and all that...

Comment

The inevitable consequence of the new immigration policy is that immigrants will do the higher paid jobs and British people will move into lower qualified jobs, because if you want to expand your workforce this will be the only way to do it.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Earlier it was min 40k salary required but now with 25k all hell will break lose.
                get ready to work on minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  This will boost the profits at some companies, I'm carefully evaluating where to invest and hope to make a small fortune from the cheap labour of others.

If you can't beat them and all that...
                  That horse is already bolted. The cheap labour market is cornered by TCS infosys et al

Comment

I think the difference between economies such as Saudi Arabia, UAE etc an UK is that they don’t have local resources on the ground and have to import them. Though the Saudi govt was pursuing a policy of Saudiasation across business sectors back in the early 2000s. Not sure how that has panned out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      The inevitable consequence of the new immigration policy is that immigrants will do the higher paid jobs and British people will move into lower qualified jobs, because if you want to expand your workforce this will be the only way to do it.
                      SupremeSpod will have to switch to walking dogs and picking up their turds

Comment

Working...
                      X