• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New points based system - The end of contracting and IT as we know it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    and it wont be just the visa holder

What about family members?

There is no "unskilled" route, but students and dependant family members will be able to come to the UK.

Spouses, partners and children under 18 will count as dependants, as can other family members in some cases.

They can then go on to work in the UK in many cases without meeting the salary test.

New UK immigration rules from 2021 explained - how points-based system will work - Mirror Online
    Who did you vote for at the last GE? If a right wing party then this is what you voted for fella. Suck it up buttercup
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

isn't IT on the shortage list, so they only need to pay £20K

You voted for this

Comment

It's probably time to wake up and think how to make money out of it as most of IT will no longer be considered skilled work.

What paperwork one needs to import these workers and resell their services?

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
          It's probably time to wake up and think how to make money out of it as most of IT will no longer be considered skilled work.

What paperwork one needs to import these workers and resell their services?
          From my employers perspective, zero. InfoSys are based inhouse, we send and email and someone from India arrives (pre covid) about a week later and stays of 6 months before being swapped out with a replacement. Easier than ordering a pizza.

Comment

talk to the hand
            I hope you wash your hands after doing that, and before serving your fellow xenophobes in Greggs

Comment

Working...
            X