• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any electric car drivers here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any electric car drivers here?

Background.
    I can get gazillions off JLR cars.
    I need a new car from the end of the year.

I can get a free car on motability or pay out the same of cash on a good JLR product.
    Either way its a free car pretty much.
    I had a look a Volvo XC40 last week - good car - weirdest test drive ever!

I can get the mods I need for pedals (accelerator/brake) with motability and JLR

I had a little look at the Jaguar i-pace earlier
    It looks like a good piece of kit.

So how do electric car drivers find them as opposed to traditional cars?
    Is it worth the switch?
    Do you get plenty of warning when running low on charge?
    Whats the availability of public charging points like in the midlands/the north?

The I-pace is currently the only EV I am considering at the moment bearing in mind the discounts I can get.
    Any alternative EV would probably need to be available on Motability as I need mods to the pedals. These are generally mega expensive outside the scheme.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

It's a Lambo or nothing forum m8, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If I could actually get into a Lambo that would be a start!
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If I could actually get into a Lambo that would be a start!
        You can't be *that* fat. Threaded has no problem getting in and out of his. Both of 'em!

On a scale of 1 to MF, how fat are you?
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 14 July 2020, 07:39. Reason: Fixed quoting
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          You can't be *that* fat. Threaded has no problem getting in and out of his. Both of 'em!

On a scale of 1 to MF, how fat are you?
          Its not a case of being fat its a case of being disabled.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Its not a case of being fat its a case of being disabled.
            Are you saying that morbid obesity is not a disability? MF, great news!!!!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Are you saying that morbid obesity is not a disability? MF, great news!!!!
              No, but not the reason I cannot fit in some sports cars. simples
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Gizza’ Jag!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Gizza’ Jag!
                  Getting the family and friends discounts on Jag or Land Rover products around here is not very difficult.
                  We are very close to one of the factories and the R&D shop and every other car round here is a JLR product on recent or recentish plates.
                  I get to see some very interesting prototypes driving past my house too!
                  The mark2 cavalier on top of a range rover chassis is interesting and what looks like a chopped down 3 door disco sport.
                  There was an interesting Jag XJ a while back and a very interesting Aston before lockdown.
                  Get to hear from very serious gossip about them too.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Background.
                    I can get gazillions off JLR cars.
                    I need a new car from the end of the year.

I can get a free car on motability or pay out the same of cash on a good JLR product.
                    Either way its a free car pretty much.
                    I had a look a Volvo XC40 last week - good car - weirdest test drive ever!

I can get the mods I need for pedals (accelerator/brake) with motability and JLR

I had a little look at the Jaguar i-pace earlier
                    It looks like a good piece of kit.

So how do electric car drivers find them as opposed to traditional cars?
                    Is it worth the switch?
                    Do you get plenty of warning when running low on charge?
                    Whats the availability of public charging points like in the midlands/the north?

The I-pace is currently the only EV I am considering at the moment bearing in mind the discounts I can get.
                    Any alternative EV would probably need to be available on Motability as I need mods to the pedals. These are generally mega expensive outside the scheme.
                    Yes, I have wasted many days shunting a disabled friend around car showrooms only for him to buy the very one not recommended by me. He ended up with Toyota Rav Hybrid that had endless problems and had the most uncomfortable suspension.

Cars on Mobility are not free, they are leased.

You will be limited to what is on the Mobility list, you will have to pay for extras outside of scope. I don't think Jag is on the list.
                    Car Search | Motability Scheme

All electric cars are only useful in the city, if you are driving inter-city then go for a combined plugin and hybrid.
                    By far the best one I have test driven in the Kia Niro, it also has great millage on plugin. DS (Citroen) make the best version but it is sold in mainland Europe only.

If you buy electric, the city council must supply a nearby charging station (according to the dealer)

Jaguar i-pace is a lump of **** but if you are looking for a willy extension rather than a reliable car... then that is up to you.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X