• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facemasks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    If the general population could follow the rules of catch it, bin it kill it then I suspect there would be no need for masks or social distancing, but the general population are mainly muppets. I assume the logic is stay at home is best, 2 meter plus social distancing is better, 1 meter with mask is better than 1 meter.
    And stop bloody spitting in the street! Such a disgusting habit, mostly done by men. My hunch is it's because to hack into a tissue and bin it means being "unmanly" by carrying tissues on their person.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      And stop bloody spitting in the street! Such a disgusting habit, mostly done by men.
      What do you want them to do - swallow?

Comment

“ Retailers have criticised the move to enforce mandatory face coverings in shops, suggesting it may act as a "deterrent" for younger shoppers.

Coronavirus latest news: Face mask rules will deter shoppers, retailers fear

FFS - exactly the age group that does nit give a feck about rules ands most likely to be asymptomatic spreaders - if anything the younger the age the stricter mask policy should be

Comment

“ It comes as police in England are set to be given new powers to enforce the wearing of face masks in all shops, the Government is set to announce on Tuesday.

The Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 will be amended to allow police to issue fines of up to £100 to people who fail to wear a face covering. ”

Oh noes, but Mordac himself (!) said that masks not enforceable, what gives??

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Tory snowflakes are losing their tulip over this.

https://twitter.com/Francis_Hoar/sta...91698930847745
            Jesus, why are people getting so angry about it?

This must be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time as well...

Leah Butler-Smith #KBF
            @LeahButlerSmith
            ·
            13h
            Sunday 19th July - a march against mandating masks will take place in London. Towards Whitehall. Further details to follow but please let me know what you can do to support the event ?
            So they are going to have a mass gathering the protest against a measure to stop the spread of a global pandemic.. What's wrong with people?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd join the mass protest against stupid mass protests during pandemic

Comment

Can't help feeling that wearing a mask at this stage is a bit like putting on a condom after the bagshot

Comment

I've just been to the supermarket and wore my mask whilst I was inside the building.
                  I found it quite unpleasent and didnt like it, but I suspect I will get used to it.

None of the supermarket staff were wearing masks and i believe they will not be compelled to do so when the law kicks in on the 24th.

On the plus side i really enjoy sewing the masks and have a pile of funky fabric fat quarters to make up for family and friends
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                    We could wait three years for a peer reviewed meta-study to conclusively prove it, or we could take a risk based approach. There is very little downside but potentially big upside benefits.

I'd rather have the virus on my fingers than in my lungs. Medics have long been taught that small virus particles inhaled deeply into the lungs are especially dangerous.
                    Really hope you arent in charge of anything important.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Jesus, why are people getting so angry about it?

This must be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time as well...

So they are going to have a mass gathering the protest against a measure to stop the spread of a global pandemic.. What's wrong with people?
                      Natural selection hopefully!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X