• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facemasks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if i wear balaclava and go to my bank to withdraw some money
    is that frowned upon?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      is that frowned upon?
      The coroner might get a bit miffed

Comment

As a pysop it's Brilliant .... only danger for the Government is that if the masses revolt it could be a poll tax type miscalculation
        however if they are gullible and fall for this then it sets the stage for further psyops public control operations under the guise of Public Health measures.

Now if I was a concerned member of the public I would demand a risk analysis of this measure as there are known health hazards with masks however as a card carrying party member naturally I have my mask exemption approved I'm OK Dominic.

Revel in your Time !
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 July 2020, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I'm not sure I could do any better with some nutjob coming at me with a knife making me run backwards.

She was lucky she didn't trip on the kurb.
          I'm anti-gun but if you run at a cop with a knife, few can argue that's not suicide by cop.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            is that frowned upon?
            Since balaclavers have holes for your mouth, yes.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Jesus, why are people getting so angry about it?
              I really don't understand it. Recently, we've had to wear masks on public transport. I'm not entirely convinced, but it's hardly akin to the bully boys breaking down your door at 5am and carting you off to the incinerator.

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
              Can't help feeling that wearing a mask at this stage is a bit like putting on a condom after the bagshot
              Everyone one should wear a body condom. Doctors all agree that its effective against viruses. Or a hazmat with its own oxygen supply.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why, as a gammon, I am medically unable to wear a facemask

Why, as a gammon, I am medically unable to wear a facemask15th July 2020

FACEMASKS are compulsory in shops from July 24, but many senior Brexiters are unable to comply on medical grounds. Roy Hobbs explains why:

Blood pressure

As an older, angrier, high-cholesterol, Daily Express-reading heavy drinker and regular smoker, my blood pressure is through the roof. Having to put one of these bloody muzzles on would make me so furious a heart attack’s inevitable. So that’s not safe.

Oxygen access

My airways are constricted enough without having to suck air through one of these things. I already get dizzy climbing stairs because the air’s thinner at the top. Red-blooded blokes like me need more oxygen than these pale, thin liberal types.

Hygiene issues

I eat sausages for breakfast, cheese-and-onion crisps for elevenses, Scotch eggs and lager for lunch and regular pork scratchings. My breath’s no f**king joke, love. Wear one of these and I’m inhaling my own fumes all day, and honestly it knocks you sick.

Only protect other people

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they don’t even stop you catching the Covid. They just stop other people catching it. Well that’s their lookout, not mine. Why should I take responsibility for their healthcare? Will it be my fault when they break a leg? Idiocy.

Vulnerability to insults

Never mind the pandemic, what about how vulnerable these things leave us to ridicule? I wore one, once, because my daughter made me, and this teenager shouted ‘Look at the string on the gammon.’ Well that’s hurtful. It’s still hurting. That’s actual harm.

The Chinese wear them

Everyone’s on about how they all wear them in China and Japan. China. Think about it. China. Well that’s where this frigging virus has come from, isn’t it? So best case scenario the masks don’t work, worst case they’re what spreads it. That Chris Whitty needs to listen to sense.

Comment

Honestly, reading the posts here, the crap on social media and in the press it would seem that the UK is turning into 'Snowflake Britain.'

No wonder the Australians call British people 'whinging Poms!'
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have bought a face mask, though a bit pricey

Face mask - Imgur

Comment

The reason respirators/masks were not recommended/required from the very beginning is because government wanted entire supply to be available to NHS only.

Comment

Working...
                      X