• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    So over 3 months redundancy on 80% pay for no work done.
    Sounds like a reasonable redundancy package, a bit on low end, but still ok given the scale of disaster going on every-fecking-where.

If you are not on furlough then be grateful you've got a job that you are far more likely to keep than poor sods who were f-----ed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Sounds like a reasonable redundancy package, a bit on low end, but still ok given the scale of disaster going on every-fecking-where.

If you are not on furlough then be grateful you've got a job that you are far more likely to keep than poor sods who were f-----ed.
      Don't tell me the Garage has put you on furlough from you car delivery job? What happened did you hit a wall??
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It’s more than that though. You get your standard redundancy package as well on top once the furlough ends.

Gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

It’s more than that though. You get your standard redundancy package as well on top once the furlough ends.
          10 mln people getting fired at the same time would have collapsed the economy, still might do.

Rather strange to hear from Corbyn supporter desire to get so many people get fooked at the same time for no fault of their own.

Comment

So over 3 months redundancy on 80% pay for no work done.

Gravy.

Jealous much

Comment

10 mln people getting fired at the same time would have collapsed the economy, still might do.

Rather strange to hear from Corbyn supporter desire to get so many people get fooked at the same time for no fault of their own.
              I wouldn’t have them sitting on their ass.

You want furlough; then give them something to do.

Like making face masks, licking stamps, or filling pot holes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Jealous much
                Not at all. They deserve it.

Comment

I wouldn’t have them sitting on their ass.

You want furlough; then give them something to do.

Like making face masks, licking stamps, or filling pot holes
                  I’d balance furlough costs with higher taxes on those who benefited from it - collect money at source like student debts over next 10-15 years.

It’s fair and just, but would never happen because politicians would rather increase taxes on minority who kept jobs and did not benefit from Govt support

Comment

Losing 20% of income should be enough to feck up most peoples finances as savings rate in this country was in low single digits, other than that it's great
                    And that's if you weren't on a higher wage, where you could be dropping from 4k pay per month down to 2.5k
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      And that's if you weren't on a higher wage, where you could be dropping from 4k pay per month down to 2.5k

£2500 a month to do feck all!!!

The humanity!

Comment

Working...
                      X