• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Facebook is becoming the new linked in for announcing redundancies today from friends.
    **** me, that is outrageous.

Seems like they got a taste of what 20 years contracting was like.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      £2500 a month to do feck all!!!

The humanity!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      For those on the £2,500 max it offers a better lifestyle than a millionaire taking out an annuity pension**

Millionaire taking an 'annuity' pension, monthly analysis:
      Fund size at commencement: £1,000,000
      Retired: Yes
      Work done: None
      Income: £1,750/month [£21,000/year annuity .. assumes inflation protection and surviving spouse pension included. Annuity would be approx 'double' without these]
      Additional notes: The retired millionaire is often mature and interested in less energetic, more relaxing pursuits.

Furloughed employee, monthly analysis:
      Fund size at commencement: Unlimited 'magic money tree' due to quantitative easing (BOE prints it, BOE buys bits of paper from Sunak (bonds), Sunak splurges it out)
      Retired: No
      Income: £2,500/month [max payment]
      Additional notes: The furloughee is often young and interested in raving, shagging, drinking, going to the beach and jumping off Durdle Door.

**There are thankfully now many alternatives to a traditional annuity pension .. including 'Lambo 'ere I come' income drawdown...
      "Income drawdown is one of your options for using your pension when you reach retirement. It means leaving your pension money invested and taking cash as and when you need it. It's the main alternative to buying an annuity with your pension money"

Comment

Crazy - we will be paying this back for years!

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Losing 20% of income should be enough to feck up most peoples finances
          Only poor people surely?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            The furloughee is often young and interested in raving, shagging, drinking, going to the beach and jumping off Durdle Door.

To be fair, I'm getting on a bit and still interested in most of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              To be fair, I'm getting on a bit and still interested in most of those things.
              Are you going to your local Covid-19 parteee?

Probably the best time to catch it, if you fancy your chances vs flu-like virus, might just give you sniffles innit

Comment

Crazy - we will be paying this back for years!

Not me, my £50K BBL will be my compensation

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                  For those on the £2,500 max it offers a better lifestyle than a millionaire taking out an annuity pension**

Millionaire taking an 'annuity' pension, monthly analysis:
                  Fund size at commencement: £1,000,000
                  Retired: Yes
                  Income: £1,750/month [£21,000/year annuity .. assumes inflation protection and surviving spouse pension included. Annuity would be approx 'double' without these]
                  Additional notes: The retired millionaire is often mature and interested in less energetic, more relaxing pursuits.

Furloughed employee, monthly analysis:
                  Fund size at commencement: Unlimited 'magic money tree' due to quantitative easing (BOE prints it, BOE buys bits of paper from Sunak (bonds), Sunak splurges it out)
                  Retired: No
                  Income: £2,500/month [max payment]
                  Additional notes: The furloughee is often young and interested in raving, shagging, drinking, going to the beach and jumping off Durdle Door.

**There are thankfully now many alternatives to a traditional annuity pension .. including 'Lambo 'ere I come' income drawdown...
                  "Income drawdown is one of your options for using your pension when you reach retirement. It means leaving your pension money invested and taking cash as and when you need it. It's the main alternative to buying an annuity with your pension money"
                  How old is the millionaire on retirement?

Comment

Poor bastards...

They may well catch Covid, but on the plus side they've topped up their vitamin D in the sun to deal with it!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      They may well catch Covid, but on the plus side they've topped up their vitamin D in the sun to deal with it!
                      They look really worried about catching Covid.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X