• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    They look really worried about catching Covid.

Everyone knows Covid-19 is a fake virus, only those over 100 die and then only if they have cancer, heart attacks and strokes at the same time.

For everyone else it is completely harmless. Please go out and ask a stranger to cough hard into your face.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Everyone knows Covid-19 is a fake virus, only those over 100 die and then only if they have cancer, heart attacks and strokes at the same time.

For everyone else it is completely harmless. Please go out and ask a stranger to cough hard into your face.

Almost certain the stranger won’t have it. Not in my county anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Furlough is never going to end is it?

The biggest jolly since teacher’s summer holidays.

End it; FFS!

Comment

End it; FFS!
          Odds are good it will be extended till April 2021

Comment

It also seems that people on Furlough still accrue their holidays.

A friends company is getting people back to work from Furlough and finding they are putting in their holidays almost straightaway

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Firms pay for people being on holidays, but not when peolpe on furlough (until this month)

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

A friends company is getting people back to work from Furlough and finding they are putting in their holidays almost straightaway
                Crazy.

Comment

End it; FFS!

Even more jolly when people receive their redundancy notice.

This has happened to a few furloughed employees I know....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My friends place, they furloughed all the retail staff apart from him as he’s the boss.

The company topped up the 80% to 100% !!!

Now they can’t get the buggers back in. They are conducting BAME and now COVID risk assessments on all the staff, and because they are all Basically old, fat with underlying health conditions, they can’t shield them because they work in a shop and are refusing to return.

Bottom line is, they will all be made redundant soon.

I can see a situation where if you’re fat, you’ll never get employed. Companies just can’t risk it.
                    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 15 August 2020, 07:05.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      My friends place, they furloughed all the retail staff apart from him as he’s the boss.

The company topped up the 80% to 100% !!!

Now they can’t get the buggers back in. They are conducting BAME and now COVID risk assessments on all the staff, and because they are all Basically old, fat with underlying health conditions, they can’t shield them because they work in a shop and are refusing to return.

Bottom line is, they will all be made redundant soon.

I can see a situation where if you’re fat, you’ll never get employed. Companies just can’t risk it.
                      I know one company who have told pimps to do initial FaceTime rather than screening phone call to check if they would be in high risk groups

Over 40 / fat / bald / bame / looks unhealthy

And discard immediately

Comment

Working...
                      X