• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You dont need any advice to see that the risk of this is minimalised to a level it's not worth having the country closed.
    The risk is reduced by having the country closed.

Comment

Honest to God. There is a whole section of the country that needs a good old fashioned "pull yourself together" slapping.
      It may surprise you but there are whole sections of the country who don’t want to be slapped to death by Covid.

At least 30% of the adults will either continue to work from home or elderly who won’t be going out as before - with such large drop in demand it won’t be possible to keep low margin businesses alive with their fixed labour and other costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The risk is reduced by having the country closed.
        Exactly.

Mor Ons are complaining that infections are low and demand to open up the economy - well US did that in May and look at them now.

If there was very effective therapeutic and very good testing (15-30 mins and 95% sensitivity), then situation would be different, but neither are available (fast testing will begin to appear soon tho)
        Last edited by AtW; 15 August 2020, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It may surprise you but there are whole sections of the country who don’t want to be slapped to death by Covid.

At least 30% of the adults will either continue to work from home or elderly who won’t be going out as before - with such large drop in demand it won’t be possible to keep low margin businesses alive with their fixed labour and other costs.
          I can imagine you have been admitted to hospital with constipation.

Comment

ON average 200 people a day get admitted for constipation.
            I think with current treatment 20-30% of people admitted to hospital with Covid don’t make it, many of those who make it will have serious disabilities.

And constipation is not highly infectious

Comment

I think with current treatment 20-30% of people admitted to hospital with Covid don’t make it, many of those who make it will have serious disabilities.

And constipation is not highly infectious
              I think you just made that up there.

Comment

I can imagine you have been admitted to hospital with constipation.
                I am surprised they did not admit you because your brain is clearly full of tulip

Comment

Exactly.

Mor Ons are complaining that infections are low and demand to open up the economy - well US did that in May and look at them now.

If there was very effective therapeutic and very good testing (15-30 mins and 95% sensitivity), then situation would be different, but neither are available (fast testing will begin to appear soon tho)
                  Nothing will teach people except a really tough winter outbreak. Of course, that may not occur, either because of effective measures to suppress the virus, or because there are too many unknowns about how it will 'behave' in the winter. But given the unknowns and associated risks, ongoing restrictions are reasonable measures.

Comment

I think you just made that up there.
                    Coronavirus in the UK: How many confirmed cases are there in your area? - BBC News

41k dead, 316k confirmed cases - that already give >10% mortality, but not all confirmed cases were admitted to hospital -

Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK

Total admissions to hospitals 133k - 20% of that would be 26k, cba finding exact deaths in hospitals but it won’t be far off that number.

Comment

That is the problem, you have low information people like AtW walking about thinking if you get COVID and go to hospital you are 30% likely to die.

6 months of blanket news on the topic and he cant even offer basic risk probabilities.

What he needs is some rectal diazepam, zanax and more time out the spunk dungeon.

Comment

Working...
                      X