• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Nothing will teach people except a really tough winter outbreak. Of course, that may not occur, either because of effective measures to suppress the virus, or because there are too many unknowns about how it will 'behave' in the winter. But given the unknowns and associated risks, ongoing restrictions are reasonable measures.
    One would have though living through April/May would be enough, whole country more or less shutdown, how could Mor Ons miss what’s going on?

This deadly virus of stupidity must be eliminated also

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      That is the problem, you have low information people like AtW walking about thinking if you get COVID and go to hospital you are 30% likely to die.

6 months of blanket news on the topic and he cant even offer basic risk probabilities..
      I’ve given my calculation breakdown above (for my range of 20-30%, of which you pick top level) what’s your %-tage figure then - 19%?

Comment

Obviously hospital admission mortality is different depending on age and other factors

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Obviously hospital admission mortality is different depending on age and other factors
          Such as whether you’re a cretin domiciled in Monaco for tax purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Such as whether you’re a cretin domiciled in Monaco for tax purposes?
            Beware of cretins with lots of money....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              The risk is reduced by having the country closed.
              Plenty of large, densely populated countries have got through this without nationalising the workforce for 6 months.

The furlough should have been for a few weeks until we got our tulip together. A soon as we knew the hospitals could handle volume ( we knew that in May ) everyone should have been back to work.

I've seen many business lines that reply upon a number of participants not being able to start up again as someone has cash flow issues and just cant go back to 100%. So everyone is screwed.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub to do my bit.

Comment

Fecked off to pub instead of posting his own calculation of mortality rate for hospital admissions

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  Actually i got mixed up with another contract. it was in warrington , a utilities company
                  Warrington is too near to Runcorn. You could never of fooled them you that you were local.

“Give me six”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Fecked off to pub instead of posting his own calculation of mortality rate for hospital admissions

Yes the NHS could clearly cope. How many excess deaths have we had compared to other countries?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Yes the NHS could clearly cope. How many excess deaths have we had compared to other countries?
                      Evidently not enough to get ministroke to buy into theory that Covid isn’t just a flu

I guess when the flu season starts he’d be insisting that people who had covid and flu at the same time not counted as dead from Covid

Comment

Working...
                      X