• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump orders Bojo to kick out Huawei

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The clue as to how serious a security issue this is, is the fact that telecoms providers can continue to use Huawei for another 7 years. Not one incident of IP theft can be traced back to a Huawei transmitter, all of them are due to cyber hackers on the internet. Why would you go to the trouble spending billions on an undetectable back door when you can simply send a pfishing e-mail for a couple of dollars.
    It's not worth the risk

Huawei Security Scandal: Everything You Need to Know

China were already caught stealing the detailed F35 fighter plans.

Just remove the risk and use another more trusted vendor for your key infrastructure.

It's not like China are building the controls for a nuclear power plant here is it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's not worth the risk

Huawei Security Scandal: Everything You Need to Know

China were already caught stealing the detailed F35 fighter plans.

Just remove the risk and use another more trusted vendor for your key infrastructure.

It's not like China are building the controls for a nuclear power plant here is it.
      This is typical where they argue China conducts espionage therefore they must be using Huawei transmitters. The US also conducts espionage, so does the UK. Using a Huawei transmitter is just pointless when you can simply get on the internet and break in or send a diplomat with radio receiver to whatever you want to listen to. If Huawei transmitters were transmitting directly to the Chinese government the NSA would have spotted it because they pick up every signal coming out of the UK.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

We are at the "and soon we will all be flying hypersonic to New York" part of mobile internet performance improvements. We are not going to need it and really everyone knows 5g is overhyped. Unless you are Kevin Bacon and want everyone to believe we all want to stand in train stations and steam live VR concerts to your phone. So delaying this technology for a year wont do anything.

This decision will be the first domino for a lot of countries to follow. European countries will be doing the same over the next year. Then we can all start threads about how much of a global decision maker the UK is post brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          We are at the "and soon we will all be flying hypersonic to New York" part of mobile internet performance improvements. We are not going to need it and really everyone knows 5g is overhyped. Unless you are Kevin Bacon and want everyone to believe we all want to stand in train stations and steam live VR concerts to your phone. So delaying this technology for a year wont do anything.

This decision will be the first domino for a lot of countries to follow. European countries will be doing the same over the next year. Then we can all start threads about how much of a global decision maker the UK is post brexit.
          Exactly this. I want to live stream an 8K video to my phone, and I want it NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            . Unless you are Kevin Bacon and want everyone to believe we all want to stand in train stations and steam live VR concerts to your phone. So delaying this technology for a year wont do anything.
            My understanding was that the 5g killer feature wasn't bandwidth , but its the volume of concurrent connections and latency a single access point can manage.

It's always been pitched to me , as being essential to support the "Internet of Things" , smart cars, phones, smart traffic lights, etc etc etc.

4g cannot handle anywhere near the concurrent connections as 5. (But to counter that, 5g cannot broadcast anywhere near the range per access point as 4g can , I think they call it density for 5g)

(i've no vested interest in 5g btw!)

adding link, seems to support what I've been led to believe:

ADVANTAGES OF 5G AND HOW WILL BENEFIT IOT | IOT Solutions World Congress | 11'-'13 MAY 2021 BARCELONA
            Last edited by Scoobos; 15 July 2020, 11:14. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              My understanding was that the 5g killer feature wasn't bandwidth , but its the volume of concurrent connections and latency a single access point can manage.

It's always been pitched to me , as being essential to support the "Internet of Things" , smart cars, phones, smart traffic lights, etc etc etc.

4g cannot handle anywhere near the concurrent connections as 5. (But to counter that, 5g cannot broadcast anywhere near the range per access point as 4g can , I think they call it density for 5g)

(i've no vested interest in 5g btw!)

adding link, seems to support what I've been led to believe:

ADVANTAGES OF 5G AND HOW WILL BENEFIT IOT | IOT Solutions World Congress | 11'-'13 MAY 2021 BARCELONA
              Yeah, I want my kettle to talk to my water filter, which talks to the fridge and has a long discussion with my car...I so really NEED all this.

Comment

Yeah, I want my kettle to talk to my water filter, which talks to the fridge and has a long discussion with my car...I so really NEED all this.

I bet they will all be bitching about you.

Comment

It's just the Govt privately accepts the real truth - 5G causes Covid, so they are delay the roll out until vaccine is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    I bet they will all be bitching about you.
                    My toaster keeps telling me to go out and kill women. Hate these over "helpful" IoT appliances....

Comment

My toaster keeps telling me to go out and kill women. Hate these over "helpful" IoT appliances....
                      dont listen to toaster. washing machine on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                      X