• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCs service to the CUK community - I'm testing Spain to see if its safe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Because there is a global deadly pandemic on - it’s not the time to fly for holiday
    Is the pandemic worse where he's traveling to?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Is the pandemic worse where he's traveling to?
      No, which is another good reason why to stay in

Comment

I was going to mention the risks of the air quality on the plane, however not wanting to be like Trump I decided to do some research.

Turns out, according to this guy it isn't that bad.

The truth about cabin air

How 'stale' is the recycled air in a plane? - BBC Science Focus Magazine

Should I cancel my flight? Does recirculated air on a plane spread coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know before traveling - MarketWatch

"Transmission of infection may occur between passengers who are seated in the same area of an aircraft, usually as a result of the infected individual coughing or sneezing or by touch,” WHO noted on its website. “This is no different from any other situation in which people are close to each other, such as on a train or bus or in a theatre."

Others say such filters are imperfect. “HEPA filters are commonly thought to be impenetrable, but in fact they are only 99.97% efficient at collecting the most-penetrating particle,” one 2009 study concluded. “While this is an impressive collection efficiency, HEPA filters may not provide adequate protection for all threats: viruses are submicron in size and have small minimum infections doses.”

Travelers should still disinfect where they are seated, wash their hands often, avoid touching their face and try to stay away from people who are coughing or sneezing, regardless of where or how they travel."

However, common sense should apply, but we all know that some of the inhabitants of gods green earth ain't too blessed with this.

Personally I wouldn't go travelling abroad just yet, but good luck to ya!

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 15 July 2020, 22:26.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          I was going to mention the risks of the air quality on the plane, however not wanting to be like Trump I decided to do some research.

Turns out, according to this guy it isn't that bad.

The truth about cabin air

How 'stale' is the recycled air in a plane? - BBC Science Focus Magazine

Should I cancel my flight? Does recirculated air on a plane spread coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know before traveling - MarketWatch

"Transmission of infection may occur between passengers who are seated in the same area of an aircraft, usually as a result of the infected individual coughing or sneezing or by touch,” WHO noted on its website. “This is no different from any other situation in which people are close to each other, such as on a train or bus or in a theatre."

Others say such filters are imperfect. “HEPA filters are commonly thought to be impenetrable, but in fact they are only 99.97% efficient at collecting the most-penetrating particle,” one 2009 study concluded. “While this is an impressive collection efficiency, HEPA filters may not provide adequate protection for all threats: viruses are submicron in size and have small minimum infections doses.”

Travelers should still disinfect where they are seated, wash their hands often, avoid touching their face and try to stay away from people who are coughing or sneezing, regardless of where or how they travel."

However, common sense should apply, but we all know that some of the inhabitants of gods green earth ain't too blessed with this.

Personally I wouldn't go travelling abroad just yet, but good luck to ya!

qh
          Unless someone on board has coronavirus...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            So last min hol to Lanzarote booked - off sunday.
            If I never come back, its been nice knowing you all....

In all honesty, I'm not bothered at all. Amazed to see work colleagues who are aghast that Im going abroad. Mind you a few of the permes have refused to go into supermarkets since it all began and refused to go into the office at all. Worlds gone crazy.

The mask thing is not going to be cool though. In the airport, and plane and partly in the hotel.....
            Stupid thing but even worse to post about it. What did you think this will achieve. Even if people might agree they aren't going to be dumb enough to back you up. If you want to go just go and do it quietly. No need to make yourself look like an utter moron at the same time.

You will be bothered when you or a member of your family is left with long term damage after even a mild bout.. Guess you won't be bothered about the other people you infect though...

For your sake I hope everything does go OK and you can come back and tell us you told us so and there is nothing out there. We wouldn't want you to find out what could happen to you.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 16 July 2020, 02:12.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Something to watch on the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Stupid thing but even worse to post about it. What did you think this will achieve. Even if people might agree they aren't going to be dumb enough to back you up. If you want to go just go and do it quietly. No need to make yourself look like an utter moron at the same time.

You will be bothered when you or a member of your family is left with long term damage after even a mild bout.. Guess you won't be bothered about the other people you infect though...

For your sake I hope everything does go OK and you can come back and tell us you told us so and there is nothing out there. We wouldn't want you to find out what could happen to you.
                PC will be asymptomatic at the time of the flight (probably caught it off an infected keyboard he was changing), cause an outbreak, get mild symptoms and a positive virology test and then tell everyone it's just a sniffle.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Unless someone on board has coronavirus...
                  I'm sure PC has checked with his accountant on this.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    I'm sure PC has checked with his key worker on this.

qh
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      You are risking your life, the volcano could blow at any time.

And only a few miles from the Cumbre Vieja ridge on La Palma, which is poised to collapse, triggering a mega-tsunami hundreds of meters high!

Comment

Working...
                      X